JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All.

So this Sunday morning I finally decided to move the Evap Canister and see what I could come up with instead of buying a kit. Honestly, these things are easy to do and I'm not sure why you'd want to spend the money on one when you can do it for just $11 and some time although there are some nice kits out there.

The elbows are brass since it's not affected by fuel. They are 3/4" diameter and have raised ridges to provide a good non slip grip on the hoses. I wanted this size to get a better and tighter fit and seal with the hoses and as a result, no clamps were needed.

The hoses are 5/8" I.D. fuel lines that I bought by the foot. Since it was going to be somewhat close to the exhaust, I wanted to be safe and not use heater core hoses.

Once I figured out the exact location, fit and line routing, I simply flattened out the factory mounting plate, drilled three new holes through it and the floor and used automotive bolts with locking washers for piece of mind.

Now with the empty space, I plan to put a muffler there and in the space of the factory muffler, I'm thinking about an air tank for onboard air. Or leave the muffler where it's at and put the onboard air tank where the Evap Canister used to be more or less. Desicions!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
nice work Joe!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice job...I will have to add that to the growing list of "TO DO'S"!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Venom, the only parts I used were two 90 degree, 3/4" solid brass elbows from Home Depot. $1.87 each or a bag of 5 for $4.87. 5/8 ID fuel hose (about 3 feet total) from Napa Auto Parts at $1.69 per ft. The bolts I already had but they were 1" long, grade 4 (overkill for this, I know) with locking washers to prevent them from working loose.

PhilD Yeah, it is basically the same thing you have done I noticed. I do plan on adding clamps as a safety thing like you did. Great Job!:D

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
American know-how at its best :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
411 Posts
can you most another pic that shows the new location? nice job!

·
Registered
375 Posts
x2 on the pics...Just a couple of the finished location and the mounting from the inside would be great...

:beer:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'll try and take some more pics at different angles including from the inside this weekend and post them up ASAP but the first two pics are of the new location.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts