JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve just launched our new website at www.redrockfab.com

There’s very limited product information for the time being as we’re on our way out of town for the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. We do have online ordering enabled for our first production run of JK Front Bumpers, as well as some pictures of our JK Rear Bumper and Cat Back Exhaust we have in the works.

We’re expecting to start shipping JK Front Bumpers next week once we return from Moab, provided our powder coaters have them completed once we return.

We only have 10 units currently available and based on initial demand we expect them to sell very quickly. The next production run should be in stock within 4-6 weeks. If you wish to guarantee yourself one of the first ten please order now. Your card will be authorized for now, but not charged until the order actually ships.

Please visit our new site at www.redrockfab.com and let us know what you think.

Jason

·
Registered
420 Posts
Site looks good, but you've got to get some updated pics of the rear bumper w/tire carrier! The existing pics don't show the tire carrier. Other than that, well designed, intuitive site with plenty of info (I hate sites that don't provide enough info about the product).

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
also let us know what the rock sliders/guards look like. Site had "no image available" linky. ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rockers are also being unveiled so to speak at EJS this week in Moab. We'll have pictures posted to the site next week. They're production ready but a little ways out until they're in stock ready to ship. They're a bit different than what's out there, I think they'll be pretty popular.

I'll have pics soon!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our website actually has a flat rate of $98 programmed in for shipping within the Contiguous US for the time being to keep things simple. In all honesty we'll be lucky to break even on the front bumper shipping from CO to FL. That fee covers our shipping and packaging costs.

Due to the size of the box required to package the bumper (since the hoop is welded on) it's considered oversized and basically billed the same as a ~110lb package if I recall correctly. Shipping would go down a considerable amount for a front bumper minus the hoop (which we plan to offer).

If you're interested in purchasing and have a cheaper shipping method you'd prefer to use we'd be glad to allow you to schedule a pickup and let you handle the shipping charges directly. You would only need to cover the cost of the packaging, which I believe works out to be roughly $20-30 per bumper, again going off memory. If you're interested in going this route shoot me an email or a PM and I'll verify exactly what our packaging costs are, and I'll also get you accurate dimensions as well as an exact weight.

·
Registered
777 Posts
looks awesome, looking forward to new product unveilings

kind curious what the bracket is for where the license plate is???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

We just got back in town and I have a ton of pictures I need to get online. I'm playing catch up currently as we've been closed for the past week, but I hope to have pictures online by the end of the week.

The bracket is a side project Kelly did that we may bring to market if there's any interest. He broke his license plate mount and has since relocated the license plate, and made that as a filler piece to cover the hole in the tub. The tab welded to it could be used as a cb antenna mount.

If anyone is intersted in these let us know and we'll bring them to market.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Site looks good, but you've got to get some updated pics of the rear bumper w/tire carrier! The existing pics don't show the tire carrier. Other than that, well designed, intuitive site with plenty of info (I hate sites that don't provide enough info about the product).
Here are some pics of the bumper w/ tire carrier. The latch handle is not yet 100% complete in this photo. We plan to add some type of handle or grip for production units.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
also let us know what the rock sliders/guards look like. Site had "no image available" linky. ;)
And here are the pictures of the rockers. We're very pleased with how these turned out and we're going to start accepting pre-orders today. These will be shipping in 4-6 weeks. We won't be charging anyone's card until their order actually ships (you will see a pending authorization on your account after placing the order that won't complete until the order ships).

I don’t have any pictures of the mounting brackets yet because they’re being changed a little bit. I’ll be updating the website with pictures as those become production ready.

In regards to how they mount, we’re going through existing holes in the frame in some locations, up from the bottom of the frame where factory provisions allow for, and drilling and bolting through the side of the body mounts. Our mounts are designed to allow clearance for the RE long arm suspension.

The brackets are an L shaped piece that goes under the frame and butts up along side of the frame, so when lifting up on the vehicle the leverage would be rotating the brackets into the frame. This makes for an extremely solid mount that won’t give under the weight of the vehicle. They’re definitely built to take a hit and support the weight of the vehicle.

We're also going to do the production side plates out of 1/8” stainless steel instead of the aluminum plates pictured. They will look pretty much identical to what we have now.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
And here are the pictures of the rockers. We're very pleased with how these turned out and we're going to start accepting pre-orders today. These will be shipping in 4-6 weeks. We won't be charging anyone's card until their order actually ships (you will see a pending authorization on your account after placing the order that won't complete until the order ships).

I don’t have any pictures of the mounting brackets yet because they’re being changed a little bit. I’ll be updating the website with pictures as those become production ready.

In regards to how they mount, we’re going through existing holes in the frame in some locations, up from the bottom of the frame where factory provisions allow for, and drilling and bolting through the side of the body mounts. Our mounts are designed to allow clearance for the RE long arm suspension.

The brackets are an L shaped piece that goes under the frame and butts up along side of the frame, so when lifting up on the vehicle the leverage would be rotating the brackets into the frame. This makes for an extremely solid mount that won’t give under the weight of the vehicle. They’re definitely built to take a hit and support the weight of the vehicle.

We're also going to do the production side plates out of 1/8” stainless steel instead of the aluminum plates pictured. They will look pretty much identical to what we have now.
Welcome Back guys!!!

Love my Jeeperman set up from the other time, new stuff & Co looks totally AWSUME, keep up the great job :beer::beer: to you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is the only way to run the rear winch bumper to use this bracket and relocate the exhaust? Is the rear available without the carrier?

http://www.redrockfab.com/shop/jk-rear-bumpers/rear-winch-mount.html

Also any idea when the front bumper is available without the hoops?
Well it's not the only way but it's the way we're going to offer production pieces for.

Alternatively you can cut out the dimple in the floor board for the rear "trunk" and fabricate your own winch mount. This enables you to save a fair bit of ground clearance, but it's not something we're going to go to production with as we figure most of our customers won't want to cut the floor.

The rear bumper is available without the tire carrier. It's modular and can be added later.

We don't have a set ETA on the front bumper w/o hoops, nor are we sure this is going to be a production item. The demand for the bumper with hoops far outweighs the demand for the bumper w/o hoops at this time, so that's what we're stocking for now.

The best I can tell you is we're planning another production run in a few weeks, and we can custom build you one as part of this run. If you're interested please get in touch with us and we'll firm up a price, take down your information, and get things rolling.

Jason

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
what is the material between the tubes on the rockers made of?

EDIT: reread post. Reading comprehension is a valuable tool, lol
red rock 4x4 said:

·
Registered
254 Posts
RedRock, your stuff is pretty sweet! not just the avg. run of the mill, very unique! wish you guys were in cali, or I was in utah, i would come by and bug you till you hook my jeep up with that stuff! soon I will spend $$$ on parts, not :beer:! till then, cheers on the great products!:beer:

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
RedRock called me yesterday... My rear bumper is going out in a week and the tire carrier about a week after that.. then the rear winch plate.

:bounce:

After that I am considering their sliders.

Happy Days a Coming!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for your business! We're quite proud of these tire carriers, they've been almost a year in the making now, and I think you'll be pretty impressed :grinpimp:. We've made a ton of improvements since the original pictures were taken above. Profit has never been our primary concern, we set out to build the best tire carrier on the market and I think we've accomplished that.

One correction I'd like to make though. The tire carriers we're hoping to get to sand blasting and coating late next week. Both sand blasting and coating can take up to a week each, so we're not quite that close on them. Realistically more like ~3 weeks we're shooting for to ship those, but we hope to have them all built towards the end of next week. I apologize if I miscommunicated that during our conversation.

The bumpers are shipping today!

Thanks again!!

Jason

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
RedRock called me yesterday... My rear bumper is going out in a week and the tire carrier about a week after that.. then the rear winch plate.

:bounce:

After that I am considering their sliders.

Happy Days a Coming!!
Sure can't wait to see it. That's the bumper I'll be ordering soon. :beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts