JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My account should be red star. Payment went thru in November. My user CP shows a red star. Forum no longer does, and 30 second delay between searches.
What up?

Red star in this thread is there, but not when I hit New Post button.

Hitting new post twice in succession gives me 30 second wait.

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 13 seconds.

Did you know that red star members only have to wait 10 seconds between searches? Click here for more info

Just saw it again. Ill keep trying.

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
Still not working for me:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 18 seconds.

Did you know that red star members only have to wait 10 seconds between searches? Click here for more info

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Hi,

Can you please try clearing out your browser's cache to see if it snaps that back into business? I looked at your permissions and you should not have to wait 30 seconds between searches.

Let us know if clearing the cache helps.

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clearing cache did not solve this. Perhaps hiring actual IT professionals might work. The monkeys you have are clearly not competent. Subscription renewal cancelled.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Just saw my blue star subscription expired and the only way to get it back is to use paypal. I don't do paypal. Any other way to take care of this. Why don't we get a choice?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just saw my blue star subscription expired and the only way to get it back is to use paypal. I don't do paypal. Any other way to take care of this. Why don't we get a choice?
How does your blue star expire, you don't renew and now you have a red star? lol

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Yeah, isn't that some shit.Code's fucked up. I lose my blue star and I get a red star for free.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
youre a grown man and can do whatever ya want, RubiCajun but -fwiw - acknowledging that you needn't trust me , PayPal is not unlike WesternUnion albeit digital ; you can load a set amount as opposed to them having permanent access to a debit card or bank account and it's very secure .
I swear I read you could send a cashierres check or money order someplace but you'll wanna ask Hit or Lance or somebody what your options for payment are. Likely, when you upgraded to blue star from red , you still had some time left on your red star level access that acct reverted to , is my suspicion . I may be wrong on all counts except PP , so ask somebody ,k?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paypal sucks dicks

They have a history of arbitrarily closing accounts, withholding funds, allowing chargebacks for no reason..not a good way to do business.
Like nazi persecution, everyone thought it was ok as long as it happened to others. The others deserved it, right?

Tl;dr fuck paypal...fuck fascism in general.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
i know but still better than submitting credit or debit card payment online . I have no trouble but respect your right to that opinion. I work in cloud security and just thought I'd ease some worry but all's good ....

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Hey there

You can mail a cheque or money order to us. Please note that we are not responsible for lost or stolen cheques or money orders in the mail. This option also takes much longer to take effect on your account.

The mailing address is:

VerticalScope Inc.
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1

Make it payable to VerticalScope Inc. with the appropriate amount, in this case $30 for a Blue Star.
Please include in the envelope:
-The name of the site: jkowners.com
-This is for "Land Use Warrior: Blue Star" membership
-Your username on the site

FWIW Paypal is much more secure than this option, but you absolutely have this option available to you.

Dayle

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Why can't VerticalScope set up for members to be able to use credit cards also? PayPal has made lots of enemies including me. I'm not sending a check and hope it makes it to Canada. If your company can't arrange to add the ability for it's customers to use credit cards then I'll have to reconsider any further membership.

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Hey there

We don't take credits cards directly as it requires us to store that information internally. We used a 3rd party payment system because as their job is purely financial, they can devote more time to it and any issues that arise.

You can just set up the account with no saved cards, and only add them as a one-time use when you need it.

Dayle

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Hey there

We don't take credits cards directly as it requires us to store that information internally. We used a 3rd party payment system because as their job is purely financial, they can devote more time to it and any issues that arise.

You can just set up the account with no saved cards, and only add them as a one-time use when you need it.

Dayle
So you're telling me you don't trust your servers for security from black hats and/or Russians, Prussians and script kiddies? I hear the FBI has a used, but formerly compromised server that's been cleaned and has a 7 times over gubment deletion program already on it for cheap.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My paid sub is about to expire! Thanks for the notice. Prolly should clear out my pm box or something, but f-it.
P.s. To all the liberal IT pros who promised to move to Canada after Trump won; You could not be any less talented than the people who run the website now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts