1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are afraid of scratching, denting or breaking stuff, this one is not for you. Very excited to do this one. It really kicked my ass last time. At the end of the day, I had bent the tie rod, reshaped my muffler, bent a lower control arm and sheared off a wheel stud.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, that hasn't stopped me in the past.. You ever see my front diff cover? :laughing2:
I don't remember the last time that I wheeled with you. Quit letting James spot for you.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahah I was gonna say that he probably could have back up a little and been able to get over that rock but looks like something I would be doing

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Don't post in threads if you are not going to make the run. :thefinger:

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you are afraid of scratching, denting or breaking stuff, this one is not for you. Very excited to do this one. It really kicked my ass last time. At the end of the day, I had bent the tie rod, reshaped my muffler, bent a lower control arm and sheared off a wheel stud.
Holy crap.. :D How did the Jeep drive after that trip?

I am up grading my Tie Rod with a currie right now. I should be ready for this trip - just waiting on the currie tie rod and the tera flex flip kit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Holy crap.. :D How did the Jeep drive after that trip?

I am up grading my Tie Rod with a currie right now. I should be ready for this trip - just waiting on the currie tie rod and the tera flex flip kit.
Actually it drove straighter coming home than it did on the drive out there. I kept it to 65 on the highway and really wasnt bad at all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I now have MetalCloak for the lower fronts and still have the stock ones for the rest. I want to see how the MC ones stand up to abuse before getting the rest.
The Metal cloak control arms are the SHIT... I have the complete set on my LJ.

I should be home for this.. I think I am done in Ft Sill around the 8th of October. If so I will be there.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Metal cloak control arms are the SHIT... I have the complete set on my LJ.

I should be home for this.. I think I am done in Ft Sill around the 8th of October. If so I will be there.

So when you say they the "SHIT" does that mean they are good or bad? You young people really need to sit down with a dictionary and look at the meanings of words. Don't take this wrong but a lot of times you say something is really defined as bad, but it's really good....

So are they good or bad. Also a reasonable explanation as to goodness or badness would help out those who are inquiring... Please realize sometimes a shit is good, or bad! sometimes depending on the position of your pants....:shitstorm:

·
Registered
357 Posts
You old fucks..... THE SHIT is good, SHIT is bad.... LoL Seriously though, they are awesome. Plus they are so quiet. My jeep was so noisy before because of my control arms, squeaks and rattles everywhere. The guys would give me a hard time on the trail because it is just squeak, squeak, squeak all the time.

Now with the MC arms its smooth, doesn't make a noise. Flex is awesome, no binding, no issues, and it feels like it handles better on the street too. I plan on finishing off the lift in the near future with MC springs, rear track bar, and then some Fox Racing shocks. I would love the 6pack shocks but they are just to expensive.

I can't say enough good things about Matson at MC and the customer service as well. They have fielded a ton of phone calls from me, Facebook posts about a track bar issue I had, returns & refunds, etc. They are awesome.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts