JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip up Red Cone Pass and Radical Hill this past weekend with a few other members. I've been on a few other trails in that area but never these two, really awesome area! Neither are hard trails, but the scenery is tough to beat and the trails were still really enjoyable. Good group of guys, nice meeting all of you!!

Here's a few pics from the day, only a few with the whole group as we were usually a little ways behind lol ...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good wheeling with you Tommy. My wife and 3 kids stayed at home; otherwise I would have been taking my time too!

Here are a few I took...still some on the nice camera but iphone is so much easier...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Also, the 2nd pic in your 2nd post...I was talking to nucleophile because we had pulled over to let some asshat in an "expedition" vehicle pass and he clipped my b-pillar with his harbor freight roof rack...gawd dammit!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Also, the 2nd pic in your 2nd post...I was talking to nucleophile because we had pulled over to let some asshat in an "expedition" vehicle pass and he clipped my b-pillar with his harbor freight roof rack...gawd dammit!
I still can't believe he not only hit your jeep, but that he just kept on going!!! What a dipshit. First he almost hits me and then he DOES hit you!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was thinking the b-pillar guards from Poison Spyder were silly but now I think I need em to cover up the damage...added to the list :maggie:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great pics. I found myself looking at the jeeps first and going back to check out the scenery. :)
That's a great looking flag you guys put up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a bunch of pics but I can't post them apparently because I'm a noob to the forum. Lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got a bunch of pics but I can't post them apparently because I'm a noob to the forum. Lol

Hey Joel, it is a bit of a pain...the AutoGuide app never works for me. So, I just upload my pics to the photobucket app, grab the link and then post them up. Hope that helps...welcome to JKO :x

·
Registered
499 Posts
Check the Colorado thread...thinking about camping near Holy Cross weekend of Labor Day. Gotta get my tcase cable fixed before then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check the Colorado thread...thinking about camping near Holy Cross weekend of Labor Day. Gotta get my tcase cable fixed before then.
You should just keep driving west and meet us in Moab!! Brad (Tonkajeep)and I will both be out there from Sep 1-5.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice pictures. I haven't been up there in a couple of years. I like the flag. The last time I was up there, the Webster Pass trail had a wash out near the top that made it too narrow for anything but ATVs. Did you notice if that has been repaired? I know you didn't go down that way, but you could see it from the top.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nice pictures. I haven't been up there in a couple of years. I like the flag. The last time I was up there, the Webster Pass trail had a wash out near the top that made it too narrow for anything but ATVs. Did you notice if that has been repaired? I know you didn't go down that way, but you could see it from the top.
I know exactly the spot you are referring to. We did not go down and look. There was still a good sized snow field blocking the pass on that side anyway, so the point was moot.

I know the Forest Service ran a bulldozer up there a couple of years ago and fixed it. Of course it keeps washing out, so I have no idea as to the current state of it.

I drove through it once when it was marginal. The washout was about a foot deeper than the trail and just barely wide enough for the JK. When my front tire dropped in the gravel started to slide. I gunned it just to get through it before I had a really bad day. It was heart stopping for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts