JKOwners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

This is probably one of the most critical mods in my Jeep. I don't know why I never thought about it before. The other day I was chatting with automotive CSI expert and he mentioned how they can get all they need by plugging into the OBD port of your car. That sparked many thoughts in my head. One was the video of a guy stealing a JK with a laptop plugged into the OBD port. The other is the dealer flashing your computer and locking out your programmer. That made me wonder if anyone made a lock for the OBD port. I started searching, and searching, and searching....... Only found a cover that said " DON'T FLASH". I kept digging around using every possible name variation or description. Finally I ran across this! It's a simple lock that goes over the OBD-II port. Works great. I'm sure if somebody wants to bypass it, they eventually will, but not after a serious struggle and delay. The company is AUTOCYB and their webpage is www.autocyb.com . Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)

Installed the Grenadeacorp sub roof concealed storage system. This thing is awesome!!!

When it's folded up, it practically disappears. If you upholster it in black carpet it will become invisible to peering eyes. It's built tough and the installation is very well thought out.

The hinges are secured by a bolt that's already on the roll cage and easily accessible without having to cut padding. When you remove the roof, all you have to do is remove these two bolts to get rid of the whole setup. Very simple.

The locking latches are very nifty because as you twist them, it pulls up the tray up against the roof. My only complaint is that the latches are left so exposed. You really can't tamper with them, but even then I'll be making my own little covers.

Next I'll be installing some closed cell foam and cutting it to fit some firearms. The tray does come with a Velcro base with some straps to tie down your firearms. I'm sure it works fine, but I much prefer the foam because it keeps things organized and more secure.

Here's a link to their web page: http://www.grenadeacorp.com

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)

Got rid of the Condition Zero holster mount and replaced it with the one made by Molle Platform Solutions. It's way better thought out. The Condition Zero one comes with a pathetic soft nylon holster which went in the trash directly. The MPS version does not come with a holster, which is the smart way to do it. You can attach a holster various ways. It has two long slots that allows you to clip whatever holster you are carrying on you. It basically simulates the width of a belt. It also has a bunch of holes that match both the Safariland pattern as well as the G-Code RTI pattern. I think it may also work with the Blackhawk pattern too. There are some Molle slots too so you can add pouches on the opposite side.

I installed a Safariland QLS mount because I can swap out the holster depending on pistol and need. All my holsters have the QLS system so it was a no brain to keep using that setup.

It really is such a great and well thought out mount. Way better than the old Condition Zero that was on there and never got it to work properly.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Molle Platform Solutions.
Their website designer should be fired.....

Went there looking..... worst website I think I've ever seen for trying to look and buy something.......I wonder if anybody from that company has ever looked or tried to purchase something from it.....

Jeep looking good though!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Their website designer should be fired.....

Went there looking..... worst website I think I've ever seen for trying to look and buy something.......I wonder if anybody from that company has ever looked or tried to purchase something from it.....

Jeep looking good though!

Thanks. I agree. He's mainly an eBay guy. That's where I found mine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

Range day with the Jeep. As a concealed carry permit holder, I train in an around my vehicle. I also wanted to test the new MPS holster mount. I'll also run some drills with my carbine. Space is very tight in the Jeep and you don't want any surprises, if and when you might need to defend yourself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
Awesome build! I may copy some of your Molle gear :) Where did you get the cargo net/tie down for over the Tuffy box as well as the gas struts? I have the same one and would like to do similar!

The net is by Raingler and the tie down rails are also by Tuffy. The struts I got on Amazon: 20 inch 10 lbs Gas Prop Lift Spring Rod Strut Heavy Duty Tool Box Lid Top RV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y3H2MSY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_vvInyb5Y1YBNZ

One thing you'll notice is that the struts will push the lid forward, which doesn't allow you to close tailgate. I just hold it pushed in and close tailgate quickly. You can do that or add something to keep it pushed in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Thanks very much! I am ordering the parts today. Did you need to order separate ball mounting points/hardware to get the struts working? I contacted Raingler on the netting as well. Appreciate the help!

I got mounting balls at local parts stores so I made sure they were the right size.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)

Out with the old.

In with the new, or Teraflex Performance Big Rotor Kit. :)

Best thing is they fit in the Hutchinson beadlocks! It's a tight fit, but they're good to go. Even though they're 17", due to the internal beadlock design, the internal dimensions are smaller than the average 17" rim. Now to go out for a quick spin and slowly break them in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

Installed the Mopar Performance J8 booster. In case others didn't know, you have to get a remote reservoir too. The brakes are so much better than with the factory setup. Pedal is much firmer and doesn't bottom out when braking hard. Worthwhile up grade if you run larger tires.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·

Installed front and rear Tom Woods drive shafts. The factory ones were bound to fail. I was getting vibes on the freeway. With the new shafts, it's as smooth as butter! Well worth the investment. This also solved the rear shaft hitting the EVAP skid. Win, win!

81 - 100 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.