JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Good thread. I'll probably end up doing the RROR Skid System (steel) as theres a ton of big rocks out here in SoCal. Its heavy but at least I have a 2dr and the weight will be down low so it shouldn't be horrible.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Any idea what the weight difference would be between the RROR Full skid setup in steel vs aluminum?

My 06 LJ Rubi went from 3900 lbs to 6100 lbs and my 01 XJ went from 3100 lbs to 4900 lbs.

I don't want to make my 4300 lb JKUR weigh in at 7000 lbs, but if the weight savings is marginal I think I will stick with the steel.

Anyone know the weight difference?
Their website says the aluminum skid system weighs about half of the steel. The aluminum should work great if you don't plan to play in the rocks a lot. I don't really have that option here in SoCal lol. Id tear up the aluminum so quick its not even funny. There is something to be said for picking and choosing which skids to run though IMO, depending on what all you're doing and how good you are at picking lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.