JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon All!!
Seems the OEM in our '12 JKU may finally be at its end...Not holding a charge...Looking to upgrade to AGM...Currently Equipped w/A-pillar LED aux. lights on SPod...Soon to add additional lighting...50" LED Bar/front bumper LED's, and Winch....Would appreciate recommendations...Interstate, Optima, Odyssey, Die Hard, Other...etc...

Thanks!!
Rick

·
Registered
83 Posts
DEKA Batteries or Odyssey

·
Registered
506 Posts
x2 on the odyssey batteries. Cant go wrong with them!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I run the Sears Die Hard Platinum, it the same as the Odyssey but comes with a longer warranty. I've been very happy with it.

The first optima battery I had lasted almost 14 years, the second one I bought about three years later only lasted 3 years. Wouldn't buy another one.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
I run the Sears Die Hard Platinum, it the same as the Odyssey but comes with a longer warranty. I've been very happy with it.

The first optima battery I had lasted almost 14 years, the second one I bought about three years later only lasted 3 years. Wouldn't buy another one.
yup. I got one of the last of the DieHard Platinum's AGMs for my '11 knowing the venerable Platinum line was going away forever. If you seek replacement,they were a rebranded Oddessey but that company doesn't offer the great warranty that the DieHard had . The DieHard Gold is 50 CCAs less and isn't quite the battery that the Platinum was for so long. Sears kinda sucks now.
Just my .02 cents. I was lucky to get a die hard Platinum before they stopped making them , to be sure. :jeep2:

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
yup. I got one of the last of the DieHard Platinum's AGMs for my '11 knowing the venerable Platinum line was going away forever. If you seek replacement,they were a rebranded Oddessey but that company doesn't offer the great warranty that the DieHard had . The DieHard Gold is 50 CCAs less and isn't quite the battery that the Platinum was for so long. Sears kinda sucks now.
Just my .02 cents. I was lucky to get a die hard Platinum before they stopped making them , to be sure. :jeep2:
Yep. When I installed the Genesis Dual Battery kit a couple of years ago, I wanted the Die Hard Platinum, but they were nowhere to be found. I went with the equivalent Odyssey. Details in my build thread. Been very happy with them.

EDIT: Also had similar experience to Grumpy's with the Optimas. I ran them in my PowerStroke back in the late '90s/early 2000s, but by the late 2000s (after they supposedly moved production to Mexico) they were no longer the quality they had been, as proven by decreased longevity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts