JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to get my concealed permit now that I live in a state that isn't uptight as hell (we moved from NY- enough said!) about handguns, and I discovered the glory that is class 3! Holy crap!
Shooting at Del Ray Shooting Center- walk in the door, and they have a brace of Barrett .50 cal rifles, one with full optics, right in front of you. As much as I miss NY sometimes, going rock 'n roll takes the sting away nicely :)

I like Florida :) Mark W.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
nice, getting my concealed permit was one of the first things I did after moving down here from Maryland last august. They were ridiculous with gun laws there too.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long did it take to arrive? Took my class at the end of Feb., and still, nada :( Mark W.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It took me three months to get my full concealed carry permit...

in NY:thefinger:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't wanna hear about gun laws I live in jersey... Enough said

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
So, I went to get my concealed permit now that I live in a state that isn't uptight as hell (we moved from NY- enough said!) about handguns, and I discovered the glory that is class 3! Holy crap!
Shooting at Del Ray Shooting Center- walk in the door, and they have a brace of Barrett .50 cal rifles, one with full optics, right in front of you. As much as I miss NY sometimes, going rock 'n roll takes the sting away nicely :)

I like Florida :) Mark W.
Congrats on the class 3. I'll be getting mine in the next year or so when I start to build my SBR...:smokin:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
How long did it take to arrive? Took my class at the end of Feb., and still, nada :( Mark W.
how did you do your fingerprints? electronic or mailed in hard copy? It took about 3.5 weeks from when i finalized all the paperwork with electronic fingerprints. from what I've heard, it can take up to the full 90 days if you do the hard copy mail in

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shop had a guy there who did it. I took a basic handgun class, and that included the permit, plus $10 for fingerprinting. Hard copy. Crap :(

And the class 3 isn't done yet- waiting for LegalZoom (more like LegalWait, but hey... :)) to finish incorporating my company :)

And Adam, how's the weather? It's 80 here- heading to the beach after work today... :) Mark W.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
And Adam, how's the weather? It's 80 here- heading to the beach after work today... :) Mark W.
It's snowing here so I have the day off and I can go to the beach right no....:pissed:
Shit never mind.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hah- you should come down sometime, man. You'd fit right in down here:
armed, jackass, big Jeep, small... man :) Mark W.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hah- you should come down sometime, man. You'd fit right in down here:
armed, jackass, big Jeep, small... man :) Mark W.
I have avoided Florida for 36 years and I plan on doing so for at least another 36, I don't know why; but, it just seems like the right thing to do.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hah- your loss, man- beaches and bitches, and full-auto fire :)
And the open-carry law could only end badly. With the mix of people down here, it would be Wild West in no time- and not the fun, hookers and booze galore kind :( Mark W.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the wifey and I went to the range again today- shot a S&W .38 (awful for some reason, but it might've just needed cleaning), .22 revolver (didn't check the brand), but best of all, a Sig P228 9mm. Absolutely LOVED the Sig- what a great piece- that thing fit in my hand like it was born there, and was like an extension of my arm- love it :) Might have to buy one... sigh... :) Mark W.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't even need a concealed permit if you're over 21 here in AZ :D

And I've been open carrying since the day I turned 18 (no permit required either).

The only real thing to get here is the class 3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts