JKOwners Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have read that the warranty on the gas tank was extended specificly to cover this issue. Talk to the dealer...I think it's covered.
The bulletin is 14-001-11

SUBJECT:
Fuel Spit Back During Refueling (Unlimited Time And Mileage Warranty Extension)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the fuel tank if the condition occurs.
MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.8L
engine (sales code EGT) built between March 1, 2007 (MDH0301XX) and
March 31, 2008 (MDH 0331XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a fuel spit back condition during a refueling event.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the symptom/condition, proceed to the repair procedure.

Bottom line: If you are having the issue, they will fix it, otherwise- don't be looking for a free gas tank. =p

Im a service writer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The bulletin is 14-001-11

SUBJECT:
Fuel Spit Back During Refueling (Unlimited Time And Mileage Warranty Extension)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the fuel tank if the condition occurs.
MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.8L
engine (sales code EGT) built between March 1, 2007 (MDH0301XX) and
March 31, 2008 (MDH 0331XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a fuel spit back condition during a refueling event.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the symptom/condition, proceed to the repair procedure.

Bottom line: If you are having the issue, they will fix it, otherwise- don't be looking for a free gas tank. =p

Im a service writer.
I need that done asap! Guess I gotta get to the dealer and check out my long list for the JK!

·
Registered
921 Posts
i bought my jeep in (wish i never did) to get the fender done but turned out the fender liner rubbed the paint off one of the lines and the protocall was to replace it. Lucky for me they had a replacement line laying around. You would think thats awesome but while installing the new line they accidently stripped the ABS module and a new module was a 7 day back order...
A week later i get my jeep back with leaky brakes and this outward dent in my hood.
rather then taking it back i re-tighten the brakelines and carefully pound the dent back in.
All they did to the fender was hack it up and installed upgraded hardware (i.e. 2 metal bolts....)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My question is how in the hell is it only 07-08's that get it. Nothing changed in the fuel system after 08... My '10 spits fuel at me all the time :mad:
think your under the wrong topic but in any case , if fuel is spitting back the check valve in the tank isnt working properly, not to be confused with fuel tank hard to fill. the 2 options to fix is replace the fuel tank or get the fuel filler neck from the x32 extended warranty from an 07-08 if it will fit the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
A two hour job i could have done better myself. The service advisor said they were ordering a brake lining for me since one of the fenders ate through some of the metal (but not the line) but must have not made a note. The next time I brought my JK in and asked about it they told me the service had already been completed. Oh well.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.