JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Took mine in this morning. Out in about an hour (appointment). They trimed the lining, then said I had one brake line that had been abraided and needed to be replaced. Suggested it would take about two hours. I didn't want to wait that long, so I'm putting it off till later.

I looked it over when I got it home and cannot find where the line has been rubbed. However, oddly enough I trust these guys. They've been servicing my Jeeps for about six years and are pretty square with me. We noticed a leak at the transmission/transfer case seal, and they are replacing that under lifetime warranty (I've got 96K on it now). I'll be leaving it with them for a day to get that one done. We'll just do it all at the same time.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,831 Posts
just received my letter on this recall....just in time too...have some where on the rear brake lines, but mostly due to the shocks! HAHA Waiting for them to say, "not just no but H... no with the lift!" :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Nature of Defect:
1. SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Recall Number: 10V236000
Dates Manufactured: May 2006 to Aug 2010
Number of Vehicles Affected: 288968
Date Owners Notified On: N/A
Vehicle: 2009 Jeep Wrangler

Defect Description:
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 20.06 THROUGH 2010 JEEP WRANGLER PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MAY 15, 2006 THROUGH AUGUST 9, 2010. THERE MAY BE CONTACT BETWEEN THE RIGHT AND LEFT FRONT INNER FENDER LINERS AND THE RIGHT FRONT AND LEFT REAR BRAKE TUBES WHICH COULD CAUSE WEAR OF THE TUBES CAUSING A BRAKE FLUID LEAK.

Consequence of Defect:
A BRAKE FLUID LEAK CAN CAUSE PARTIAL LOSS OF SERVICE BRAKES AT THE AFFECTED WHEEL INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action:
CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JUNE 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER TOLL-FREE AT 1-800-853-1403.
I finally got this letter yesterday:shaking:

·
Registered
476 Posts
No letter but I took mine to the dealer last Monday for this and the trans recall from a while back that was never addressed. I was only at the dealership an hour and they were both done.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, this is funny , I dont know if any one read my earlier post but I finally got fed up and started asking other guys in my group here in Michigan on Great Lakes 4X4.com about a good dealership that they would recommend , well they told me about a really good one that wasnt far from my house, thankfully !! I took my Jeep in and they fixed my compass no questions asked , and they also fixed my cable for my control knob that was stretched out , so when I had it on defrost it wasnt on the floor , which 2 other dealerships turned me down because of all the work I have done on my Jeep they said that I voided my warranty when I wired my own KC's and wired my own new ARB lockers and ARB compressor and I also have a stereo system , but I never touched any of the stock Jeep wiring , I ran all new wires , straight to the battery and made new grounds , just so it wouldnt void the warranty !! But it didnt matter to them they wouldnt even look at it those f--kers , so I told this new guy (New Dealership) , thanks I really appreciate it , and while I was there I wanted to check on a recall , and I told him I belonged to a group called JKOwners.com and it has a recall list and recall numbers for all JK's with recalls , and I said let me bring it up on my Blackberry and get on the sight and see about the break line recall # , and he said hang on a second let me look and see , and sure enough he said Oh My God you do have a recall on that , I had no idea !! He said you didnt get any paperwork in the mail ? I said No , and 2 other dealerships told me there wasnt any recall , I could go ahead and take off , my Jeep was all set !! He said my God if that did happen to let loose you could have been killed !! I said No Shit , it's about time someone realized that break lines are nothing to mess around with !! So I think everyone that is still hearing there is no recall yet should look for another dealership that gives a shit and mention to them about JKOwners.com and you have proof that there is a recall and give them the recall number and also let them know you have the # for Chrysler from JKOwners,com and then they take on a different attitude when they know you have proof !! So Thank You JK Owners for bringing all these recalls to our attention , especially when the dealerships are turning us away to save a few bucks by pretending the recalls dont exist just because we dont have a peace of paper from Chrysler in our hand !! Thank You JKOwners !! :smokin:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Got my K13 letter yesterday.
One thing though, with the body lift the liner is far away from the brake lines...
But a free trip to the dealer may not be bad, they may end up installing brand new brake lines... ;)
10-4.

·
Registered
54 Posts
got mine done dropped it off done in about an hour. and they had to replace the pass. side brake line. got done and the dealership said i needed plugs and wires they said the wires are arcing bad. tried to charge me like 240 to do that i said hell no. got it home checked it and no problems and runs fine. :shaking:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had mine repaired a few weeks back...they installed a new brake line and also flashed the computer with an update.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The reason this is happening is because they used a plastic push nut to hold up the fender liner!

Both mine were missing:shaking:

I went and looked at the 2010 & 2011 at the dealership and they have now went with a metal shoulder nut to hold them up. The dealer wanted to just cut my liner and hack that up as well. last time I was at the dealer they were no help finding and fixing an issue with a severe rattle I had but hey they did me a favor and washed my new black jeep for me With what looked like 50 grit sandpaper. had to have my local body shop fix that for me on my dime as well.

So for this issue I went to the hardware store bought a couple T- nuts and washers and bolted the fender liners back up myself. I was to pissed to just ask them for the 2011 nuts. Anyway this fixed it right up no contact with the lines like it was doing!

this to the old adage If you want it done right do it yourself!

·
Registered
157 Posts
The reason this is happening is because they used a plastic push nut to hold up the fender liner!

Both mine were missing:shaking:

I went and looked at the 2010 & 2011 at the dealership and they have now went with a metal shoulder nut to hold them up. The dealer wanted to just cut my liner and hack that up as well. last time I was at the dealer they were no help finding and fixing an issue with a severe rattle I had but hey they did me a favor and washed my new black jeep for me With what looked like 50 grit sandpaper. had to have my local body shop fix that for me on my dime as well.

So for this issue I went to the hardware store bought a couple T- nuts and washers and bolted the fender liners back up myself. I was to pissed to just ask them for the 2011 nuts. Anyway this fixed it right up no contact with the lines like it was doing!

this to the old adage If you want it done right do it yourself!
Any pics?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My lines did need replaced. Question for you guys, does this look like a hack job fix they did?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like the hack job they did on mine. Way to go Chrysler with the awesome fix!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't forget , Fiat owns close to 60% of Chrysler, could things get better or worse , time will tell. I will say that Chrysler has gotten better with customer service, especially their headquarters, hopefully it continues.

:beer:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.