JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
FWIW, I was at the dealer yesterday and they stated that they knew nothing about this recall as they havent heard from Chrysler yet.
Stated they wished Corp. would let them know about recalls before they put it out public.
X2. I had my gas tank replaced under warranty recently (fuel overflows) and the dealer did the auto trans "hot oil" flash. They said they didn't know about this yet.

My question is, is this universal for all JKs or not?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got a (second) letter about the tow bar that I don't have. Ha ha.
Yeah, me three. I took mine in for that one, the transmission flash, a check engine code p0108, and my rear locker was not working (again). So, they fixed (I Hope) the recall for the tow bar I did not have, the flashed the computer (changed the shift points on the transmission, changed when the lockup happens, AND it lowered the charge voltage on the alternator from 14.1+ down to 13.6-13.8v).

For the P0108 they replaced the map sensor (warranty).

For the rear locker, they found metal parts in the differential, so they rebuilt it (again). They just did this last September and I have not even used it since then... bummer. Oh, well. it was covered under warranty (again).

So, my out of pocket was $100 and the warranty covered the other $2000 in parts and labor. I have never been so pleased with an extended warranty. By the time I hit 100k and the end, I'll have had the drivetrain rebuilt.

So far under warranty (major parts):

- Cracked exhaust manifold
- Manifold gaskets (before they found the cracked manifold)
- Both side catalytic converters
- Front differential & locker replaced
- Rear differential and locker replaced (twice)
- Crankshaft position sensor (twice)
- MAP sensor

- Chrysler has covered the slew of TSB's

- an other minor stuff for the hard top leaking and such

BUT, the bottom line is, in 46 months of ownership, it has spent at least three months in the shop getting items repaired/replaced. :pissed: I figure the warranty company has invested close to 10 grand in all the trips. :bounce: Best 2 grand I ever spent, that extended warranty.

At this writing I have almost 87,000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
brake leak recall

I pressed my local dealer on this. They dug deep and found that yes, it does exist. BUT... It ONLY APPLIES TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLES. Not only did they admit that it exists, they printed and gave me a copy of the TSB!!! Not that it did anything for me. It showed that the right hand drive models have the brake line clipped to the frame in a spot that allows it to rub against the steering shaft. So, either have it repaired, get a lefty, or never turn, just put it in low range and climb over everything in your path.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I pressed my local dealer on this. They dug deep and found that yes, it does exist. BUT... It ONLY APPLIES TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLES. Not only did they admit that it exists, they printed and gave me a copy of the TSB!!! Not that it did anything for me. It showed that the right hand drive models have the brake line clipped to the frame in a spot that allows it to rub against the steering shaft. So, either have it repaired, get a lefty, or never turn, just put it in low range and climb over everything in your path.
the problem is the inner fender liner shit rubbing against the brake line. its definitely an issue, as one side of mine was wearing a bit. the other side was clear by a mile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nearly 5 months after they announce the recall, I still haven't received anything. I know mine are ok, but how many other people are riding around with their brake lines rubbing, totally unaware that they even have a problem. It's inexcusable that a serious safety issue like this would take this long. Shit like this is why I'm seriously considering never buying another Chrysler product. Hope nobody dies due to Chrysler dicking around and dragging this out for so long.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
When i first saw this which was on JKO i went out and looked at my Jeep to see what they where talking about and sure enough that plastic lining was rubbing on my breakline. i just took some tin snips and cut it myself. you can tell that if nothing was done it would of been problems.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anyone have a pic of this area??

And am I confused, but would'nt most of us in the US NOT have a Right Hand Drive vehicle?????
Thanx
This effect left hand drive vehicles as well as right hand drive vehicles. Here is a photo of one that has been trimmed (by the owner) already. Mine was rubbing pretty bad.

This is the front passenger side.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Recall letters are going out now.
Recall# K13
We just got the parts today.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Recall letters are going out now.
Recall# K13
We just got the parts today.
I got the letter yesterday; I went out and checked my fender liners, and they were not rubbing in any way. One is about 1/4" from the brake line, but I cannot see it ever rubbing. This is not worth taking several hours to drop off the JK at the dealershp for them to look at and make any changes. It can be fixed in about 20 seconds with some snips and some common sense. However, if you already have an abraded brake line, that is a different story, I would take it in to get it replaced.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.