JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get a Snap-On torque wrench apart? It is not one of the ones that has a not on the end of the handle that you can loosen. Can't find any videos or diagrams either. It's a 30 year old 3/8" flex head. Basically, it still works but jammed on a specific setting. I can unlock the ring but cannot change the setting. It's like it is stuck locked.

Please help. Me and this wrench have been through some good times together:

Mazda and Subaru transmissions and transaxles - both auto and stick
Mazda and Subaru head and engine work - rotary and piston

Can't remember all of the other vehicles that it has been used on but I respected the wrench and the car in the morning.

Seriously, though, who knows how to get this thing apart or should I just replace it with something new? This has got to me the most oft used torque wrench that I have.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a QD-series click-type where it has a ring and rotating handle? Not sure how those pop apart, however, I wouldn't bother. I'd just have the man on the truck repair and recalibrate for $50-$100. For head fasteners and stuff, I'd buy a techangle and keep the QD for nostalgia.

Sorry not much help :(
Yeah, ring and rotating handle.

I was at the big orange box and purchased a 3/8" Husky 5-80 ft. lbs. electronic.

Should I be feeling all dirty inside or is this one decent? Have not set foot on a tool truck since the early 90's. It says some BS about lifetime warranty. I wonder if I should go Craftsman? Orange box is closer, though.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tough to complain especially with the lifetime warranty. Good thing too because the plastic battery cover was broken right out of the box so it already needs to be exchanged.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does yours show the torque as applied?
Staying in this thread because there is only false hope in the Clinton thread
Did you swap out your diff fasteners for new?
N/M just saw your latest update. Fastenal all the way.
No.
Agreed.
Not yet. They should be hitting the local Fastenal today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.