JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebels,
Today the Rebel Crew broke up into two teams, one (me on point) tackling Kane Creek with good friends for a more scenic and easy paced day - team 2 followed Larry from Poison Spyder as he conquered Rusty Nail and Golden Spike with the entire KrawlZone.TV film crew.

Our trip through Kane Creek went off without a hitch. Our official Canadian Thomas (Not Normal2) put on a show as he tested the balance of his JK - pulling upwards of 40 degrees before getting light on one side. Kane Creek is a total blast as far as not so technical trails go - lots of fun back and forth water crossings and opportunities to snap some photos.

Jason and Adam (Adamantium) took on the harder route for the day while following Larry with the KrawlZone.TV crew. The KrawlZone.TV buggy had some electric issues and was forced to turn back just as the group wrapped up Rusty Nail. If you remember from last year - we ran Rusty Nail for the first time at night around 1:00am. Little did we know the sheer drops that we couldn't see were so close to the trail. Jason says that if we had known what we were crawling last year we might have thought twice about our pace.

Photos from Larry/Jason's run are supplied by Kha from Poison Spyder - Jason opted instead to take both GoPro's for a killer video he'll put together after we come back.

Major kudos for both runs participants - both groups returned with smiles on their faces and stories to tell. We spent the evening with our very good friends Thomas, Mike, Jeff, George and families having a home cooked meal under an awning listening to the evening rain. Moab will always be special because of the relationship you not only build, but maintain.

Cheers,
Bond
(sorry for not posting this trip report yesterday by the way)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
NICE! Loving the pictures...can't wait to make it out there somebody.

How do you think a 2 door Rubi on 35's would fare in Moab (assuming the driver has decent ability)?

·
Vendor
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NICE! Loving the pictures...can't wait to make it out there somebody.

How do you think a 2 door Rubi on 35's would fare in Moab (assuming the driver has decent ability)?
A 2 door Rubi on 35's can do 90% of the trails out here without breaking a sweat - the rest you'd just have to be focused and listen to your spotters.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
A 2 door Rubi on 35's can do 90% of the trails out here without breaking a sweat - the rest you'd just have to be focused and listen to your spotters.
Either that or destroy some sheet metal :D That seems to be my specialty!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Did you guys drive on that bridge in post #7?
As always great pictures from Rebel Offroad. This Michigander would like to come out and hang with you guys someday.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Thanks for finally posting Bond, I'll call you again if you start slacking again. Keep them coming my friend.:beer::beer:

·
Registered
134 Posts
:devil:Great update even if it was late. Hopefully I can get out there next year if my tires ever come off back order. :devil:

·
Registered
134 Posts
What happened to the updates, ya'll havin way too much fun to keep us east coast JK's enertained.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool thread:beer:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Looks like y'all had a blast, love the pics!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts