JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebels,
While I was in Florida at Jeep Beach - our very good friend Randall Davis of Axial Racing stepped up and became a Trail Guide at this year's Big Bear Jeep Jamboree.

Major thanks Randall!

I'll have him chime in shortly with his trip report - but I atleast wanted to share the photos he took.

Cheers,
Bond

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks awesome, but my jeep is not as highly modified as those ones so I guees its a good thing I didnt go.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Looks awesome, but my jeep is not as highly modified as those ones so I guees its a good thing I didnt go.
Rubbish! Randall was trail guide on the Blue group and I was with the Red group and we ran the same trails but on opposite days.

Nena from Sedona Jeep School/Barlow ran both trails in a stock suspension 2 door Rubicon (it did have aftermarket skids and rock rails). She had some issues on some of the obstacles but a slightly lifted JK and some expert spotting would get you up the trail. You would not be taking the same lines as some of us but you would finish the same trail. :beer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was a newbie with a stock Unlimited Rubicon and made the trail (with Larry McRae and Julio spotting) with relative ease. You'll hear some noises here and there but it's "skid plate,
That's what it's there for!" Bottom line, with the proper spotter and lockers, no problem. Without lockers...it can be done but it'll be brutal. fun,fun,fun!:bounce:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Now true. With a good spotter you can get thru most anything up in big bear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts