JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have expierence or input on the set up. I need new front brakes and figured I look at upgrading it. Last change I just threw in hawk pads and noticed a good change, nothing overwhelming but did improve. Thought about trying the rebel set up up front. Appreciate the feedback. :):):)

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Anybody have expierence or input on the set up. I need new front brakes and figured I look at upgrading it. Last change I just threw in hawk pads and noticed a good change, nothing overwhelming but did improve. Thought about trying the rebel set up up front. Appreciate the feedback. :):):)
We've sent a few of these into the wild and have always received good reviews on the product. They will increase your brake performance by helping to maintain lower operating temperatures and head displacement.

I think it is a great upgrade for the investment!

Marcus

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Oh hell yeah! Well worth the money. One of the best mods that I've done:beer:

A review that I posted after testing the kit.....
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39331

Marcus at River City Offroad can get you a great price on the kit.

Note to Bond: Shit man, send me a free hat or some stickers!! HA!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well worth the money, and they'll dual drill them for 5x5.5 for ya too

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just ordered the complete kit as well as the hellfire lights and vision x fogs this week. I'll be happy to throw my .02$ in when I get em installed. So far I've heard nothing but positive comments on the brakes!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any updates? I have agreat quote and want to pull the trigger just looking for more feedback, as I contemplate the tera flex big brake set up.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Any updates? I have agreat quote and want to pull the trigger just looking for more feedback, as I contemplate the tera flex big brake set up.
PM Jet Noise...he will be sure to get the post then. Let us know what he says.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just put these on my rig yesterday, along with 5.38 gears. I have only driven the jeep about 30 miles since, but it seems to me that the brakes grab a little better for sure.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Oh hell yeah! Well worth the money. One of the best mods that I've done:beer:

A review that I posted after testing the kit.....
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39331

Marcus at River City Offroad can get you a great price on the kit.

Note to Bond: Shit man, send me a free hat or some stickers!! HA!
^^^^This is exactly what I would have said. I have the Rebel kit on mine, and it is great. Stops great, even with larger tires.

Marcus hooked me up on this one. :beer:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have the same kit and it works great. I would go ahead and do the front and rear together to get maximum perfomance from the brake kit.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
As my JK sits now; Approaching 5800 pounds, 37" tires. On this run there was a couple long downhill washout trails. No issues braking, no heating problems. Just a steady, consistant brake feel, where needed/used.

This is the elevation change.

A small part of the trail down is like this.

Been running Rebel's on the back and Teraflex on the front for over a year now and would 100% do it again. The road feel is great, the off road power is there. No squealing or other issues (provided I wash the sandy mud off the dust covers after this kinda stuff)

·
Registered
46 Posts
PM Jet Noise...he will be sure to get the post then. Let us know what he says.
I just saw this one. Funny thing happened this weekend when I was installing em. I got the two rears on, and was just breaking torque on the front lug nuts and had to leave. So, I drove away with the locking lug nut key on the when still and now I have no way to get the wheels off. Dangit!
Anyway I am going to get the fronts installed, but have some traveling to do and it will probably be a few weeks. I don't notice a huge difference with just the rears but I think I wil once the fronts are installed.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I ordered a set yesterday, should play well with the TeraFlex dual piston calipers.:koolaid:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts