JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my JK with a factory soft top and bought a hard top this weekend that has the rear defroster and wiper option. Does my JK (X) have the wiring harness already or is that something I would need to buy? I pulled back the carpeting briefly yesterday while putting the hardtop on and did not see the harness so Idk if I was looking in the wrong place or if I need to buy the harness since mine didn't come with a hardtop.

Help Please :)

Thx

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ok cool! Thanks :)
No problem, it's easy to install

It does not show in the pic but also includes the a/c button for rear defrost and steering wheel control arm for rear wiper and washer fluid

Which is shown here

·
Registered
186 Posts
No problem, it's easy to install

It does not show in the pic but also includes the a/c button for rear defrost and steering wheel control arm for rear wiper and washer fluid

Which is shown here

Ok, I'm dragging this one back up ...

... just attempted this install over the weekend and was less than impressed with Mopar's installation document. Can anyone more clearly expain where the wires need to tap in at the power distribution panel? 3 wires tapping into 2 connectors but the pictogram isn't too clear on what goes where (i.e. blue/white wire shown on both connectors). Also any tips on getting the violet wire out of the connector behind the gages to install the new one from the hardtop harness?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am hopefully getting a hardtop soon and will need to install wiring harness, switches, etc. Now I know it was said it was easy and have done plenty of my own wrenching, but am a little intimidated by this task. Anything I should know prior to starting job? Any special tools needed? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts