JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, JKU owners! I just got mine a couple of month ago. Since I use it as my everyday use and I dont have a garage to park it. I have been looking for a cargo cover that will cover my back trunk completely. I am willing to spend $100 and it has to be easy to install. Please help. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just googled and found the GPCA Jeep Wrangler Unlimited cargo cover for $59. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? It will work perfectly well for my senario!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That is a nice cover. I didn't see where the price is $59, though. I did see where the first 100 people to reserve one will get it for that. Does that mean they have not made any, yet?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
So are you talking about like a soft cover that goes over the rear cargo area? Like the Bestop Duster Cover? That should do what you're asking if I'm reading correctly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A sheet of plywood, some automotive carpet, glue, and a few bolts =

This... and some cardboard to make a template... 2 or 3 pieces of aluminum or steel L brackets to run from side to side for support, bolted to the hardtop locations. I used eyelet bolts on the sides so I'd have a place to tie down stuff on top of it as well.

Additionally, I used some water resistant finish under the marine carpet to make the plywood even more resistant to the weather that it would surely be exposed to. I've use the same board on my 09 and my 14 (slightly modified) and it's been a champ. I have to make a new one for the '16 when spring hits.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Or just throw together a little marine plywood....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts