JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I believe most everyone except skyjacker. Skyjacker has solved their problem with a brace that goes from the pumpkin to the track bar mount. really makes it strong.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe most everyone except skyjacker. Skyjacker has solved their problem with a brace that goes from the pumpkin to the track bar mount. really makes it strong.
i need one for the body mount side/passenger side (not the axle-mount/driver side).

i looked on poly's site, but didn't see one listed.

Rubicon Express does . Its drops the track bar 3" from the OEM location. I think that Poly does as well...Sure there are others, but dunno who? My jeep rides and steers great with the front and rear dropped trackbar brackets. Able to use the OEM pitman arm w/o going to a dropped arm which (I believe) keeps the steering in better geometry than the TJs that I've had with dropped pitman arms...Probably starting to go off topic...woops!
i'm looking for REAR body mount side.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Teraflex makes one also. Looks like the BDS one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the newer TF axle mounted kit. I originally had the frame mounted bracket similar to the one pictured above.

**Some thing to check for with the frame mounted bracket**
Make sure it clears the right rear shock at full flex. I drove onto my buddies 42" tire and it flexed awesome. A few days later I changed oil and rotated tires and noticed the damage. The bracket impacted the shock. I called TF and they hooked me up with the new bracket(axle mounted) and a new shock.:)

Here's a few pics of the flex-just because I'm a picture posting whore.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
RE and Poly have both front and rear tb brackets...that come off of the frame rails

We do not.... Its not really the best way to do it. It is better (in a suspension design stand point) to move the track bar mount up on the axle housing instead of dropping it at the frame. I can elaborate on this if you would like... Let me know...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
SORRY, Pig...well RE at least does...but I guess the RE brackets suck (even though my jeep handles great).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you're interested this post deals directly with the question of track bar relocation brackets. Its from my Poly Review article so there's a bit extra in there too (if you want to skip that start at the third paragraph), but it'll tell you all you want to know.... well, probably ;) :laughing:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're interested this post deals directly with the question of track bar relocation brackets. Its from my Poly Review article so there's a bit extra in there too (if you want to skip that start at the third paragraph), but it'll tell you all you want to know.... well, probably ;) :laughing:
good read there. i think everyone should read that post! thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts