JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I need some help. I need some sort of rear tow hook or hitch for jeeptoberfest. I have front tow hooks but I have nothing in the rear and I need tow points to run the trails at jeeptoberfest. I am leaving the Keys on Friday and their is no off road stores down here and Quadratec wants $94.00 to ship a hitch 2nd day air :pissed:. Can any one tell me a cheep way to get a rear tow point so I can run the trails. Please help oh great ones.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It doesn't need to be an off road place to get a hitch. Usually any automotive supply store carry hitches, very easy to install, or check a u-haul place, they carry and install hitches for a quick fix. Just obviously don't use the ball, a reciever and heavy duty pin and you're good to go!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Alright guys I need some help. I need some sort of rear tow hook or hitch for jeeptoberfest. I have front tow hooks but I have nothing in the rear and I need tow points to run the trails at jeeptoberfest. I am leaving the Keys on Friday and their is no off road stores down here and Quadratec wants $94.00 to ship a hitch 2nd day air :pissed:. Can any one tell me a cheep way to get a rear tow point so I can run the trails. Please help oh great ones.
Check Northern Tool or Harbor Freight . . . Northern Tool in on 181st and US1, Harbor Freight isnt far from that. They'll probably have the hitches as well and the D-Link/Shackle attachment. They also have Hi-Lift's and housebrand versions there if you feel like getting a thank you gift :smokin:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have one of the Harbor Freight receiver tow hooks I'll let you have for free. Click Here. I live in Cutler Bay, so you can pick it up from my house since you'll have to drive past me on your way up to Jeeptoberfest or I can take it up for you and meet you at Jeeptoberfest since I'm headed that way on Friday night. There's a group of us about (4-5 JKs) headed up on Friday night around 7pm. You're more than welcome to join us and caravan up there with us.

PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an oem hitch and a warn receiver w/ d-ring, I'm in orlando. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from checking with Napa and they wanted even more than Quadratec.

Bakerjk you have a PM.

Idrivejeep Thanks for the offer but I only really need a hitch, I have a D-ring that goes into the hitch. Also I am not sure what time I am leaving yet probably earlier than 7, but I will let you know if I want to go with you all.

Anyone in the Ocala area know of a 4wd/auto parts shop in the area that might have one? I am bringing tools so putting it on in a parking lot is a-ok with me.

Thanks again you guys are great :bounce:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts