JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I've done my research and cannot find any solid answers/resolution to my problem.

I have a 2007 JKR, 2Dr 6-speed manual

A few months back I purchased aftermarket lights for the rear for a brighter reverse light and better appeal all around. It worked like it should after I installed it.

Recently, my (bright) reverse lights started to come on while I'm driving, according to a driver telling me this at a stop light, that it was on and it was flashing sporadically. Then I start noticing as soon as my key is in the ignition, the reverse lights comes on, and steady but when driving, it will come on and off.

Not good when driving at night, a definite pull over ticket moment so I THOUGHT I found the switch, accessing it from the bottom of the jeep, driver side near the shifter, I disconnected the plug for now till i get a new switch on order. Once I disconnected the plug, I tested to make sure that was the correct one. Key in the ignition, no reverse lights on. Started it up, put it in reverse, lights doesn't come on. That night I picked up my daughter and notice while driving (at night) my reverse lights was coming on and off again!! Either that was the switch and there is something else thats going crazy or its not the switch/plug that I disconnected. So I am at a lost here, any help is appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts