JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a RE long arm lift and would like to know if there are problems w/ Currie rear spring clip compatibility. Currie says that there are fitment issues w/ their clips and Full Traction springs, but wouldnt go into detail (and didnt know) about using w/ RE. Does anyone use the RE rear springs w/ the Currie clips? Do they work OK together? Other solutions/ ideas would also be welcome. Although I really want to keep these springs, I'm afraid I may have to go to a progressive spring (like Poly Perf). The RE springs really seem to want to "leave home" during full articulation. I asked RE and they dont make any rear spring clips/ retainers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What I would say to do is call RE and find out the diameter of the coil as well as full traction and see how they match up. That is the only reason I can think of as to why they won't fit. However you could always modify or make some of your own.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice...I'll do that. I thougt that it must be a diameter issue. Looks like another trip to Tractor Supply/ Home Depot may be in order if the Currie clips are not compatable. Thank You Ymans....even though I hate you for living/ wheeling in the most beautiful land in the US...kidding. You guys are very fortunate, as I wanna cry whenever socal guys post their pics. In Texas, we just get to wheel on big rocks..."sigh"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts