JKOwners Forum banner

Rear License plate bracket

17K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  NYJK 
#1 ·
I've hit the factory plastic license plate lamp/bracket several times on rocks/trees, and it is now held on to the Jeep with duct tape and bungie cords. I dont want to buy another factory plastic unit. Any one know if there is a good aftermarket unit available?

#2 ·
I don't think there are any aftermkt brackets that attach in the same location, but if there were, they would likely not hold up any better than the stock one. You could always relocate it to the middle of the tailgate (I keep my spare inside the vehicle- since I have no kids to ride back there). I beleive that there are some options available to mount the licence plate to the middle of the spare as well. You could come up with an easy solution also, with a trip to your local auto parts store. If you want to see some pics of what i did, than I'm more than happy to help.

#5 ·
I made one that I built(no pics right now) but I used an add on plate, like the ones used for front bumper mount on passenger cars, put a bolt through it and welded a nut on to the tire carrier, then put a wing nut onto bolt so it keeps the plate straight. Its on the redo list I would suggest a steel one, but works...

#6 ·
RubyDoo's

RubyJeeps baught at Northridge4x4

#7 ·
This is a prototype we just produced for the TJ, with the optional 3 LED step light on it. The product was built from an outside companies feature requests, but seems to be a good solution to a low profile fit.

I can present the idea of a JK version as well. We're building up our SEMA Rubicon so new product suggestions are the IN thing right now.

#8 ·
I LIKE IT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.