JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Unlimited X that we purchased used. It has several owners over the years.
In going over it one of the things that seems odd, and that I can not figure out how it works, is the rear window Wiper-Washer-Defroster.
Plant Sky Cloud Automotive exterior Shade

Have searched but info I find does not appear to be what I have. Maybe this was added or the controls were replaced, but having a hard time figuring it out.
The one photo and a video on removing the hardtop describes disconnecting the wiring/washer plug.

I have this receptacle on the hardtop without a cover but nothing is connected to it. It is hard to tell from the attached photo but It appears the connection from the defroster/wiper/washer is going up into an opening near the top of the window. There is also a rubber piece that holds them together. I am affraid to try and pull on this too much to see if it is just pushed up in there.
Has anyone seen this, and can describe how I go about getting the wiper and washer to work? Not too worried about the defroster since I live in FL.
I cannot find any rear wiper/washer control on steering column. The defrost button on control is also not there. Perhaps it never had one and they replaced window or they replaced the other switches at some point.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
The hard top was most likely not a factory install/was added so you will need some parts if you want to utilize.

These are the connections on my 08.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hard top was most likely not a factory install/was added so you will need some parts if you want to utilize.

These are the connections on my 08.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks, you are probably right. I will have to check under carped at back but have not seen anything like your connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts