JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear End DW? WTF! I fought front end dw and won.....thanks to planman. Same principle here. Im going to do a rear t-bar swap and the bolt upgrade too. I know I should have done it all at once fukin sue me you know it alls. Anyway to the nice jeepers how many of you have heard of this happening? The Front is common I get that but how many in the rear end? 07 Unlimited 4 inch 37s. 75000 miles.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
So you went through the steps Planman laid out for the front, so tell us what you've done to apply that information to the rear.

Rear DW doesn't quite happen due to the lack of steering linkage, but track bar mounting, cracked/broken track bar mounts on cheap lifts can certainly cause things to act up.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to upgrade my tbar to a jks tbar replace my control arm bolts and tbar bolts to 9-16 grade 8, and replace my rear shocks. A question that I have though is I had a drop down bracket on the front stock tbar with a drop pittman arm. Part of the dw solution for the front was to get rid of those and get an adjustable tbar for the front. It made sense that the drop down bracket allows play which can cause the harmonic resonance and that combined with bolt play,stock junk bushings,and a crap stock tbar was the cause of my front end dw. I get that the drop down was a cheap lift kit way of not having an adjustable tbar. In the back there is no drop down bracket to remove. I also believe that an adjustable rear t bar will better center my rear axle and limit side movement.Lifting causes sway and greater forces that lead to flexing of the cheap factory tbar combined with crap bushings and bolt play Right? Any ideas and advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.