·
Registered
13,230 Posts
i say put it in low, lock it, and crawl a wall. it'll tell ya

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must have been spinning on a rock. The front looks almost the same as the rear. I have a new stock front but am going to need the rear. I will be looking for an aftermarket rear very soon but for now will be looking for a cheap stock one.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Must have been spinning on a rock. The front looks almost the same as the rear. I have a new stock front but am going to need the rear. I will be looking for an aftermarket rear very soon but for now will be looking for a cheap stock one.
a. I don't know if I'd want to drive my JK if my rear looked like that... unbalance can do some expensive damage (t-case).

b. if you plan to keep wheeling like that... it may be wise to just buy a few rear stock shafts and keep replacing them. It will be cheaper then damaging an aftermarket driveshaft. That's what I usually do... I can usually pick up a rear driveshaft for $50 on the forums. I go through 3-4 rear driveshafts a year. Your front is well protected so that can be upgraded.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Some good aftermarket or custom shafts can take some serious abuse. I'm not sure I'd want to drop ~$200/year and keep replacing stock shafts.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Some good aftermarket or custom shafts can take some serious abuse. I'm not sure I'd want to drop ~$200/year and keep replacing stock shafts.
Your right... but i bet you that an aftermarket one will still get unbalanced pretty easily. Balancing is more $ then I spend in a year on shafts... plus it's MUCH cheaper to carry a spare stock shaft then a u-joint spare aftermarket shaft (I'd never wheel without a spare rear driveshaft). Based on the way I wheel I think I'm running a much cheaper solution.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its parked until I get a new rear driveshaft for sure. I have seen the post's about the transfer case's grenadeing.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to adapt the stock rzeppa joints to a conventional shaft. Didn't figure it would take this long....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts