JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Hope your enjoying the day. Back for a little more help and understanding.

So 08 JKU. Had lots of issues with the front end steering in the past few months. Thought we had it all fixed up. Last thing done was drag link and track bar. That seemed to fix the death wabble. Then had some service done and had the tires rotated. Brought the death wobble right back. Had the tires rotated back. Same issue.

Just had it in the shop to have it looked at. I was told they did an alignment and it's better but not 100%. They want to do another alignment but said the rear adjustable control armis frozen.

First question. Does that sound right? Rear control arms cause an issue with alignment and front end?

Second. So the death wobble (the very first instance) started as soon as I had the front upper and lower control arms replaced. How do I know they were installed correctly. What I mean is how do I know if the length is correct. I remember there was a lot of prying to try to get the new control arms back in at the same length as the previous. I just can't help thinking something just isn't right there. To make a stupid point, what if you had to install control arms on when there wasn't any installed previously? How would you know at what length to set them?

And last, if I replace the rears do they have to be the same brand as the front?

Thank you for reading. I'm sorry for the long post.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,319 Posts
First off, define death wobble. Is your jeep shimmying and shaking at specific speeds or is the thing shaking itself violently until you come to a complete stop. there's a huge difference.
Secondly, we know nothing about what you are running. Some details about your suspension components + wheel / tire combo and some photos would help. Finally, can you scan your alignment results?
You're probably just chasing shimmies and need to make some incremental changes to your setup. There's a wealth of info here that can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts