JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I may have a Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and tire carrier avaliable for cheap. I bought this bumper new two weeks ago but was having issues latching the tire carrier. I have to push down really hard in order to latch it. The R/D guys at Smittybilt discovered that the post for the carrier may be a little ****-eyed so they are sending me a new one. They havn't made up thier minds yet but were leaning towards not taking the old bumper back.

This would be a good oppportunity to pick up a replacement bumper for cheap. I'm sure if you put in the time, you can make it work (re-weld the post, fabricate something). PM me if your interested, local pickup only in West palm beach. I should know for sure in a couple of days, then we can talk about price.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Ouch,...
wanne temporarily move to SC????
please lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking around $400, which is half the cost. I'll post some pictures of what I'm talking about. It still latches but a huge PITA. I thought about banging the post with a sledge hammer before calling S/B. I'm glad I didn't!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
This is how i scored my first JK bumper (smittybilt src). Actually due to shipping damage. Smittybilt didn't want the owner to send the old one back either. So I got it blemished for half price. :beer:

If that was an XRC I'd say see you this weekend.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
sorry but for $400 U R RIPPING OFF YOUR FELLOW Jeepers for something you are getting for FREEEEEEEE if they dont make you ship it back :shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
166 Posts
sorry but for $400 U R RIPPING OFF YOUR FELLOW Jeepers for something you are getting for FREEEEEEEE if they dont make you ship it back :shaking::shaking::shaking:
Tim, I like your thinking. Anyone have rubi rails they want to give me? I'll come pick them up for free.:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry you see it that way. I think it is a win-win, I get money for other parts and somebody else will get a solid bumper for half the cost. I would have loved to find a similar deal when I needed a rear bumper. Not all of us have $$$ to pay retail.

Everybody is entiled to thier own opinion. This is mine.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I'm sorry you see it that way. I think it is a win-win, I get money for other parts and somebody else will get a solid bumper for half the cost. I would have loved to find a similar deal when I needed a rear bumper. Not all of us have $$$ to pay retail.

Everybody is entiled to thier own opinion. This is mine.
its a win win for you more then its win at all for the guy buying bumper that is solid but works like crap for half price because you go it for free, because they didnt want to bother paying to get it shipped back. the company is taking care of you and you have the opportunity to help out a fellow jeeper but instead u want to take advantage of the situation and get some money from a fellow jeeper so U can get more parts. I'm sorry I see that as wrong. When you said cheap I was thinking ok maybe $100 but $400 to me isnt cheap, yes its cheap for THAT bumper that works great, it is NOT cheap for a bumper that you got for FREE that you got replaced for FREE. I hope the new one you get works good, I wouldnt want you to have to sell another one CHEAP.

Obviously some dont agree with me because they almost jumped at the chance :laughing:

Hey Sonic you still have a free used bumper here in NC u have to pic up buddy :thefinger:

oh and the angle finder here in this pic proves nothing since you have the bottom of it on the weld of course if wont be straight when leaned against the tire mount, the angle finder itself is on an angle :laughing:

·
Registered
418 Posts
oh and the angle finder here in this pic proves nothing since you have the bottom of it on the weld of course if wont be straight when leaned against the tire mount, the angle finder itself is on an angle :laughing:
It looks to me like the angle finder is sitting flat on the bumper and the post is leaning towards it.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It looks to me like the angle finder is sitting flat on the bumper and the post is leaning towards it.
damn trick photography I tell ya :laughing: I was looking at the level bubble too, but I supposed the driveway or whatever isnt level :laughing:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
worse case I would imagine a local shop (or even a local jeeper) could fix that up in short order.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Course with a 100lbs+ on that spindle,(tire and swing) it probably wouldn't lean quite so much. Really doesn't need much tweaking I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts