JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. 2009 jeep wrangler here. Rear brakes have been giving me fits for years. We’ve replaced the calipers the guide pins and the brake pads. It seems that every few months the slide pins freeze up in the brakes start creaking and squeaking. We have used anti-seize and WD-40. Problem still continues. Are there any easy fixes or replacement parts that can be bought to help avoid the problem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Are you sure its not a bent axle flange? Sounds more like the issue.

Reactions: SoK66

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I agree, sounds like bent axle shaft flange(s). You wanted new chromoly rear axle shafts anyway, right?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I honestly never got my rear brakes quiet. They squeaked and clicked endlessly since almost new. New shafts and guide pins never fixed it. The stamped clips that the pads slide on constantly fell out (honestly no idea how it's even possible). If I did new pads I'd get about 1 month of quiet then back to clanking and clattering on the highway. Even putting in new clips didn't help much at that point. Had clips fall out on probably 5 sets of pads including OEM and replacement calipers and multiple pad brands. Those brakes were an absolute nightmare on maintenance and keeping them quiet.

Remarkably, one of my favorite aspects of upgrading my rear axle was getting rid of those noisy OEM brakes!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Sounds for sure like bent axle flanges

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had this exact problem, new chromoly axles fixed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts