JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 JK Rubicon 4dr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change brake pads on the rear of my 2012 JKR. Sounds simple enough, but all the youtube vids I see have people ALSO changing the rotors. Can't I just put on new brake pads? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2012 JK Rubicon 4dr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thats what i thought. But was not sure why everyone was replacing both. I was originally going to have 4wheelparts do it when it was in for a balance and rotate. But they said the only way they do a brake pad change is with new rotors. Their reasoning was that the policy changed from corporate.

so. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
you can bring them to your local auto shop and get them turned for about 10-20 per rotor. They will check for wear and runout. In my opinion I would rather bed new pads on a fresh rotor face than a worn one. The cost to turn or even replace is minimal.

·
Registered
2012 JK Rubicon 4dr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can bring them to your local auto shop and get them turned for about 10-20 per rotor. They will check for wear and runout. In my opinion I would rather bed new pads on a fresh rotor face than a worn one. The cost to turn or even replace is minimal.
ah, cool. i didnt know that. Thanks all for the input!

A

·
Registered
2012 JK Rubicon 4dr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I went with pads only. Very simple install. Maybe rotors next time... they did seem fine this time around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts