JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one that they were able to use their factory hitch with? I'm assuming during the install you cut most of the cross member out that now holds the hitch. Is it feasible to just completely remove the cross member, move it forward, and reweld it in place to maintain a spot to run your hitch? I'm sick of my factory bumper as it looks pretty damn funny on my jeep as everything else on it has been swapped... I just want a minimal rear non tire carrier bumper but must have a hitch!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I think you wouldn't be able to use it for anything even if you could attach the trailer hitch. I am going to be going with the rockbrawler rear to use the hitch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I used my factory hitch on a BFH. I use it for a bike rack and a small trailer, nothing to heavy.
What CB antenna mount is that you have mounted on rear license plate/PSC tramp stamp? Me like!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
JCR makes a rear bumper that removes the crossmember and retains a hitch. It's also available in a tire carrier model. They expect production to start rolling in the next couple weeks.

Just putting it out there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I used my factory hitch on a BFH. I use it for a bike rack and a small trailer, nothing to heavy.
How do you put a pin in the hitch to keep it connected to the bumper? Did you weld in a solid piece of something to give extra backing and support for the bumper?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There is just enough room to stick my hand between the muffler and bumper to put the pin in. I just make sure the muffler cold.

·
Registered
580 Posts
There is just enough room to stick my hand between the muffler and bumper to put the pin in. I just make sure the muffler cold.
Do you think it would still be able to pull the rated 3500 pounds?

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
That looks really good! I there a thread on it that i missed? If not can i see a profile pic

·
Registered
580 Posts
We have few other photos on our facebook fan page and also in the our prototyping thread here in the product development forum.
Estimated price?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts