JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i bought a budget boost, from the dealers performance shop (Same price as online) And i get the shocks, which have NO BUSHINGS INSTALLED. And i ask them. Do these need to be pressed in. "Oh no, you should be able to press them in by hand" (****ing liars) I goto install them, i get all bushings installed but these ones with the forks that go through them, I could not get the [email protected]!$ installed. Not even in a vice, first off, why the fawk dont these come pre installed. Now i have to spend another day, finding a place to press two bushings into these shocks.

Im going to call and verbally berate the dealer tomarrow.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
So, i bought a budget boost, from the dealers performance shop (Same price as online) And i get the shocks, which have NO BUSHINGS INSTALLED. And i ask them. Do these need to be pressed in. "Oh no, you should be able to press them in by hand" (****ing liars) I goto install them, i get all bushings installed but these ones with the forks that go through them, I could not get the [email protected]!$ installed. Not even in a vice, first off, why the fawk dont these come pre installed. Now i have to spend another day, finding a place to press two bushings into these shocks.

Im going to call and verbally berate the dealer tomarrow.

Sounds like a Slimejacker product...their steering stabilizers, and at times, their shocks, have the bushings in a plastic package...you have to install...never gonna' happen...so much for proudly made in the USA...which is a lie...virtually ALL their chit is made in Mexico.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I got good ol Skyjacker shocks, lol. Yeah had to press the bushings in but I have a few vices around here so not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Sorry jerm...:devil::stirthepot:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I got good ol Skyjacker shocks, lol. Yeah had to press the bushings in but I have a few vices around here so not a big deal.
Ya it took my vice & a few tricks with some different size sockets to get all the bushings in on my Skyjackers, but they went out for the gargage this paste weekend beause they rusted so bad & looked like Sh$t. Also took the Steeering Stabilizer off because it was leaking. I could of bought a better looking set off shocks from "Sanford & Son" junk yard. No Mo Skyjackers for me...

Hey "Slimjim", I wish you had thoughs shocks the day you came up, we would of got them all in order.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I used some wd40 and a small hammer. took maybe 30 seconds to do.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ya it took my vice & a few tricks with some different size sockets to get all the bushings in on my Skyjackers, but they went out for the gargage this paste weekend beause they rusted so bad & looked like Sh$t. Also took the Steeering Stabilizer off because it was leaking. I could of bought a better looking set off shocks from "Sanford & Son" junk yard. No Mo Skyjackers for me...

same here. My rear shocks squeak all the time now. ill deal with till I get a new lift.

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got there crap ass steering stabilizer and it was rusting thru in 2 weeks. But i guess you get what you pay for.

X3 on the grease

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
X2,,,grease & they slipped right in.................

I have to agree with the others. I tried in the past to get those damn things in with no luck. As soon as I threw some grease on I was able to tap them right in with a hammer in a few seconds.

Alot of lower cost shocks come that way. YOu may want to give that a try before calling to "verbally berate the dealer tomarrow"

one other option is to look into bar pin eliminators, they are easier to press through since they do not have the "forks" and are better to have on your rig overall. Check with jr for rjroffroad, he is a vendor on this forum that sales them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
take a small grinder or dremel and round the corners of the bar pins or sleeves for a easier install. Use grease and a vice. This is the biggest pain about installing new shocks. Especially if you have to press out the stock ones. Hope this helps. Welcome to working on jeeps. Get used to it and have another beer :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bar pin eliminators also give you another 1/2 of droop. JKS makes them for the jk's. I have some in the box still just need to install them.

I have to agree with the others. I tried in the past to get those damn things in with no luck. As soon as I threw some grease on I was able to tap them right in with a hammer in a few seconds.

Alot of lower cost shocks come that way. YOu may want to give that a try before calling to "verbally berate the dealer tomarrow"

one other option is to look into bar pin eliminators, they are easier to press through since they do not have the "forks" and are better to have on your rig overall. Check with jr for rjroffroad, he is a vendor on this forum that sales them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, this was a rusties kit. But i had them pressed in at a shop today, 5 dollars.

Dealer would have done it for free, but id have spent more than 5 in gas getting back there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts