JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go ahead, laugh... I know you want to.

When I went to buy a Jeep, I was looking for yellow, but decided against it when I saw the color in person. Found the Jeep I eventually bought on a lot that had a total of 4 colors in stock... black, white, red and my jeep (Red Rock)

My windows sticker says my new Jeep is Red Rock Crystal. But when I look at threads with the Sunburst orange Jeeps, that color is so close to mine, that I am starting to wonder if the wrong window sticker was on the Jeep. (VIN matches.. LOL )

Anyone got a picture of a Red Rock and a Sunburst Orange side by side?

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah I just went to Jeep.com and did a clickie back and forth... pretty close online but in person I can't see how that would be confused

/shrug

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen any other Jeep this color (or either color) in my area so I have only online to compare them.

I was hoping someone had a real world shot of both colors side by side (a meet, a run, someone that has two jeeps etc)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
post a pic of your jeep.
In bright sunlight, it looks more orange that red... don't have a decent pic of that effect (and it has been raining for a freakin week here...)

And here is one that shows the color close up

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks like red rock to me.....
:grinpimp:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang.. those half doors look hot... wish I had thought of that before I bought.

I just figured if they got something simple like the color wrong, what else might be off on the sticker?

Makes me feel better :) Heh....

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being a new owner and not knowing anyone who owns a Jeep, place like this are the only places I can ask stupid questions :grinpimp:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course it doesn't look like that any more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Could be your monitor. Depending on the age and model it may have some resolution/color issues. Do an on-line search for dealers that have some on hand and go compare, if its really bugging you. Colors on the net can be less than accurate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts