Votes: 25 31.6%
  • textured black

Votes: 49 62.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the fact that that my 17 pound piece of plastic crap now looks like the picture below, I am stepping up my research for real bumpers. I have a black JK. What does you guys think will look the best for finish, gloss black, matte black or textured black? I know, get what I like but I still want to know!

Oh, the tree that caused this damage didn't even lose any bark! :thefinger:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have glossy black front and rear ARB bumpers.

As noted above I like the fact they are easy to clean. Ive just never been a fan of the textured look.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
the only problem I have run into with glossy black bumpers is scratches. I had mine powder coated gloss black and now whenever you touch them with dust on the bumper you get small surface scratches. When I go to have them redone they will be satin black like my wheels.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I like the textured black look the best if you are running stock flares like I am.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Shrockworks semi-gloss mid length, which should be receiving its winch tomorrow if Fedex arrives on time.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I'm debating this myself! On the one hand, the glossy looks so good when new and clean on a black JK! (and would be free for me since I have a leftover quart can of Rust-o-leum gloss in the garage that I would have my buddy spray for me if I decide to go that route, and touch up would be via rattle can) , on the other hand, the textured is more durable (but, I am not a big fan of its looks)... I can't make up my mind! I'm gonna be watching this thread!
:beer:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I dig textured finish.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Matte or semi black all the way. Easy to touch up and its anti-reflective properties hide the scratches and gouges better. I use a can of paint or more a month on my jeep.

Worse thing you can do is bedline armor if you play in the rocks. Man it looks like shit when it gets scraped off, and looks even shitier when you try to touch it up with more bedliner. Powdercoat is also a waste of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts