JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So an ad popped up for a Readylift track bar, and I figured I'd bite since I'm always looking at different mfgs to see what kind of innovation and quality they offer. The results were comical.

Track bars - $350 each
Replacement short arms (8), arms only - $1900
Monotube shocks - over $200 each
Rear only short arms - $1000
Spacer kit with shock extensions (looks remarkably like $179 RC kit) - $500

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

*ahem*....BWAHAHAHA!!!! These guys can't be fawkin' serious - what a joke. Guess we know who is going to sell exactly nothing for the JK. PT Barnum said that a sucker is born every minute....even the suckers are smart enough to avoid this one.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Bargain lol. Didn't know RL went above spacers and shocks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ya know I have a buddy that makes custom fly rods and he started a business. He initially priced them on the lower side and had no sales. He then changed strategies and shook up his marketing a bit and sold them at a 200% mark up. He can't keep them in stock. Weird how that works.

Maybe Readylift is using the same strategy lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
So an ad popped up for a Readylift track bar, and I figured I'd bite since I'm always looking at different mfgs to see what kind of innovation and quality they offer. The results were comical.

Track bars - $350 each
Replacement short arms (8), arms only - $1900
Monotube shocks - over $200 each
Rear only short arms - $1000
Spacer kit with shock extensions (looks remarkably like $179 RC kit) - $500

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

*ahem*....BWAHAHAHA!!!! These guys can't be fawkin' serious - what a joke. Guess we know who is going to sell exactly nothing for the JK. PT Barnum said that a sucker is born every minute....even the suckers are smart enough to avoid this one.

um, BADGER...c'mon, dude.....you must not-a read the "details"; take their track-bar for example.....didn't you read about the incredible technological-advancement in it being equipped w/ "an integrated turnbuckle that allows you to adjust the bar on the vehicle..."?!
You must be a noob 'cuz if you knew anything about the JK then you'd be " looking to improve the driving experience of your Jeep JK Wrangler both on and off road,.." and see the wizardry while understanding that this is no mere, Chinese Track Bar ; it's an " adjustable front trac bar..." & "is exactly what you need." !As a serious rock-dawg I , for-one, can see how badly I need it so that I can "...Make adjustments on the fly when needed for rock crawling.." fer chrissake.....
you musta missed all that important sh*t.....

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I installed one of their overpriced track bars on a buddy's jeep. What a piece of shit. The thing weighed like 5lbs and just felt flimsy. The bushings were so soft that when he went to turn you could watch each end deflect a good 1/2". Driving it was worse. It made for a terrible delay in steering, and actually induced death wobble. He pulled it off and put an RK one on and all was solved. RL makes overpriced cheap stuff.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw this new thread. The OP of the thread above knows SO MUCH about springs and suspension and he ended up with Readylift. My conclusion is that he either works for them or he has used their stuff on his mall crawler 4x4 trucks. I finally gave up being nice and told him good luck with the piece of shit lift he WAY overpaid for.

I see Readylift being on par with Rough Country.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I have my new RL on order now. Can't wait to rip out all my old crap and upgrade to the best lift on the market!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
I have my new RL on order now. Can't wait to rip out all my old crap and upgrade to the best lift on the market!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Good luck with that. You should have just used Josh's Rusty's off road stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see Readylift being on par with Rough Country.
Not me. Rough Country may not be the first choice of the crowd around here, but they make a lot of decent usable stuff (and venturing into flat-out good stuff in some cases recently) at a low price for guys on a budget, mostly made in the US by a good crew of guys that back their stuff without fail. Hell, that's actually more than I can say about the way one of the pricey 'premier' mfgs/vendors around here handled my product issues when they came up several years ago and they acted like their shit doesn't stink.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that RC ranks higher than Readylift to me....at least it's an honest business model where you feel like you get what you paid for.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Yeah I tried to, uh, question his decision. Cause he went with RL over "companies that just sell old shit that worked for them in the past." Paraphrasing of course.

-Dan
There is a reason that those companies that sell "old shit" still exist. Their "old shit" still works.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts