JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. We just added a JK wheel and tire combo to our site. These are our well known double bead lock wheels with a 37" Radial Goodyear on them. This is a set of 4 but we can add a 5th matching combo if you prefer. These are in stock and usually ship same day or next.

As always, you can still custom build any wheel and tire combo you prefer. We just wanted a great looking combo should you need something quick.

This is a list of the details:
QTY: 4
8 Bolt custom wheels(8 Bolts refer to the number of bolts that hold the two wheel halves together)
Pressed wheel centers
3.5" Back spacing
5 x 5 JK Bolt Pattern
Skull Rock Rings
Hammered Black Powder Coat over Flat Black Powder Coat
PVC inserts installed
99% 37x12.50-16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT's

Check them out here:

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/5-Lug-Ready-To-Roll-Combo.html

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this combo doesn't float yer boat we can definitely make something else happen. That is one of the great benefits to our combo's. You can do whatever you want. You don't have to be stuck with the same ole wheel that everyone else has. You can customize if whichever way you prefer.

· Registered
20 Posts
This might be a dumb question but the wheel is in 2 halves so does that mean to change a tire you can deflate and remove beadlock then seperate the 2 halves then reassemble within the new tire? I was in the military and that's how we broke down aircraft tires, is it the ame?

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This might be a dumb question but the wheel is in 2 halves so does that mean to change a tire you can deflate and remove beadlock then seperate the 2 halves then reassemble within the new tire? I was in the military and that's how we broke down aircraft tires, is it the ame?
That is a very good question and one I'm happy to help you with. These are two piece wheels. You can let all the air out of the tire and unbolt both wheel halves and easily remove the wheel. The 16.5's were designed with a very aggressive bead ramp angle to make the tire removal process very simple.

This is how the setup works. There are 3 basic pieces to the wheel. The back half, the front half, and the insert.

The insert goes inside the tire.

The back half goes in.

Then you mount up the front side and bolt it all together.

Since the insert is inside the tire you get a true double bead lock. The insert pushes the bead out where it needs to seat so swapping tires is something you can do in your drive way with basic hand tools and a little elbow grease.

If you want to swap out tires you can dismount the wheel, pull the insert, shove it in a new tire, and mount it back up all with a 3/4" socket. Because of how the bead ramp angle is designed you should always run a 16.5 with an internal insert and a split wheel. That way you don't have to worry about the tire coming off if you lose air pressure.

The nice thing about it is you never have to worry about a tire coming off the wheel. Ever! :D

If you think of any other questions please let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help!

Thanks,
Andy

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, these are at the top of my list now. I'll prob wait till the first of the year for these. What's the road manners and are there any balancing issues with them?
Road manners should be legit. Balancing is just like any other big wheel and tire combo. The only thing that really sucks about a true double bead lock is if you have to spin the tire on the wheel when you're doing your initial balance. You can't just break the tire off the wheel and rotate it around. You have to disassemble the wheel to make that happen.

If you get a rock ring you can't use the hammer on weights. Which really is a no brainer for something that goes off road. I got sick of punching weights off the wheel years ago when we would play off road and switched to sticky weights with good success.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.