JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Brad
3,760 Posts
Do they fit together on a front axle of a Rubicon? What about with axle sleeves?

Thanks.
Shaft should be the same diameter, so I don't see any issue with any of your concerns.

If... I and I doubt it, the inner sleeves are problematic with the RCV, you can go outer sleeves instead. The vendor seems to claim the outers are stronger than the inners and they look way cooler, so you might just want to go that route and take one of the concerns completely off the table. . :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The RCV's do fit with inner axle sleeves but I don't think you can run an outer seal with inner sleeves though.
Unless you run the EVO Magnum sleeves. I have them on my D30 with RCVs and they fit fine, but I don't run the outer seals on mine, just a personal preference.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wheel the Pine Barrens quite a lot and I am prone to going through the mud which is laced with sand. My superior outer axle seals have kept out quite a bit of muck compared to the stock set up. Since Im working on my THIRD axle rebuild up front, I was hoping to have it sleeved to prevent axle sag when I got new gears :)thefinger: for the comments about maintenance.) The first two times were bad installs. This time it just snuck up on me. Both my front and rear pinion seals failed and I didnt catch it before it was too late...

I figured I'd do it right and get RCV axles, sleeves, bearings, gears, AND keep my outer axle seals. Was just hoping all the pieces would play well together.

Regearing is expensive and time consuming. Im thinking I may just have to stop playing in the mud.

Thanks.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Unless you run the EVO Magnum sleeves. I have them on my D30 with RCVs and they fit fine, but I don't run the outer seals on mine, just a personal preference.
The Evo's have a Oring type seal built into them. Mine do at least.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The Evo's have a Oring type seal built into them. Mine do at least.
Yep, they use a nice o-ring for the D44 shafts and a crappy felt ring for the D30s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.