JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help deciding between the rosen cs-cr1210-us http://www.amazon.com/CarShow-CS-CR1210-US-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Multimedia-Navigation-Set/dp/B00DMN48D2 and the Raxiom http://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-gps-navigation-jk-j101300.html . I called extreme terrain and the guy I talked to was very nice but couldnt quite tell me why their Raxiom model was better than the Rosen.

These 2 units seem VERY similar. I thought I was set on the Rosen. I need actually experience with these. Can you guys tell me what you went with, or what you know on differences.

And best price where you bought yours

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are interested in the OEM look & are willing to spend just a bit more, give the Insane Jeep Audio unit a look. Sorry I don't have knowledge first hand on any of these units but I am interested in an upgrade as well & would want to know all the players out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I noticed that the Raxiom from XT says it comes with the backup camera and the Rosen just says it works with a backup camera but its not included. I would verify that with XT though.

Also, one of the reviews says that the OEM satellite did not work with the Rosen.

Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge, just gave it a quick look as I am interested in upgrading mine some time down the road.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Im pretty sure those are basically the same unit. I just bought the Raxium unit through XT and there is Rosen branding included on it. I think it was some partnership thing or something.

when purchased from XT, a bullet style backup camera is included. As is a mic, new sat antenna and all the wiring harnesses you need. I did not have the stock sat radio, but to my knowledge, it will NOT work with this unit. this unit has its own sat radio antenna.

check out my post in the Write Ups if you want to see more. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230337

·
Registered
301 Posts
Im pretty sure those are basically the same unit. I just bought the Raxium unit through XT and there is Rosen branding included on it. I think it was some partnership thing or something.

when purchased from XT, a bullet style backup camera is included. As is a mic, new sat antenna and all the wiring harnesses you need. I did not have the stock sat radio, but to my knowledge, it will NOT work with this unit. this unit has its own sat radio antenna.

check out my post in the Write Ups if you want to see more. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230337
Thank you for answering those questions and thank you again for that great write up/review!

Raxiom did work closely with Rosen when developing this unit. It is completely plug and play and looks factory in any JK. The back up camera is included and the only additional part you would need to add is the XM antenna if you want that feature. The factory antenna will not work with this unit.

If anyone has any additional questions or wants a quote on the Raxiom Navigation System, just shoot me a PM!

-Ryan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I have been talking with XTRyan and he has been very helpful. This systems looks to be exactly what I have been looking for. Buying mine this week from Extreme Terrain.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I've seen stuff from this Raxiom company pop up from time to time. Who are they? Do they actually manufacturer or design all their stuff? Or are they just like the other million companies that import the same bulk produced shit from China and slap their sticker on it?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've seen stuff from this Raxiom company pop up from time to time. Who are they? Do they actually manufacturer or design all their stuff? Or are they just like the other million companies that import the same bulk produced shit from China and slap their sticker on it?

google can be powerful....

raxiom.com

they mostly do lighting for Mustangs and Jeeps. According to their website, they "work closely with the most trustworthy Mustang and Wrangler aftermarket parts suppliers to deliver a wide range of products."

for the unit mentioned here, they partnered with Rosen to develop it. according to Rosen's website, they started in the 80s making aviation electronics. Also, they claim to be the first OEM validated and approved mobile video supplier for the following companies:

Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Land Rover
Mazda
Mercedes Benz
Oldsmobile
Pontiac
Toyota

so Raxiom partnered with Rosen to develop the unit and XT to market and sell it.

I have lots of free time at work today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts