JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have time to go to Rausch Creek in August and was trying to decide between the beginner's class and the guided tour -- both $150 -- but now I see this coal mine guided tour that sounds pretty sweet. Anyone have insight into which might be best? Just taking my tiny dog with me.

Rausch Creek Off Road Park is known for its hill climbs, rock crawling and mud pits. Did you know that way before four wheeling Rausch Creek was a bustling coal mining area? As part of its new scenic guided rides, Rausch Creek Off Road Park’s Coal Mine Tour will give folks a look at some of Pennsylvania’s coal mining past and present day operation. This guided ride is for all stock or slightly modified SUV/4x4 vehicles. Come explore the remains of the Lincoln Colliery that produced 1200 tons of coal per day…..that’s a lot of coal. As the tour continues you will get to revisit areas where deadly coal mining accidents occurred and see where survivors were rescued. You will also be able to visit an active coal mining facility and talk to some of the actual miners who have dedicated to their lives to working underground. With a guide, you will follow along on trails that have been chosen with the stock or slightly modified vehicle in mind. Come spend that day trail riding and seeing some of Pennsylvania’s coal mining history along the way.Contact [email protected] for more information.

· Registered
974 Posts
I havnt heard of the coal mine tour, but if wheeling is what you want, stick with the rausch 101 (beginners course). people seem to love it, and you learn a ton too.

also, talking to miners? rofl. its not a zoo folks, its a shitty job where you work a shit job for shit pay in a shit area!!!

· Registered
844 Posts
I havnt heard of the coal mine tour, but if wheeling is what you want, stick with the rausch 101 (beginners course). people seem to love it, and you learn a ton too.

also, talking to miners? rofl. its not a zoo folks, its a shitty job where you work a shit job for shit pay in a shit area!!!
hahahaha, class trip guys!

· Registered
91 Posts
R/c

I have a trip planned for july 20. If your a newbie go on youtube and check it out. Its best to go with people that have wheeled there before. The class if you take them will help you a lot. Good luck and have fun.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have a trip planned for july 20. If your a newbie go on youtube and check it out. Its best to go with people that have wheeled there before. The class if you take them will help you a lot. Good luck and have fun.
Mike, it was nice to meet you and some of the crew this past weekend. Thanks again for the tow strap. It was great to have insight given before heading off on the trails for the first time. I maybe interested in going for the weekend in July, do you know if the beginner class is available that weekend?

-chris

· Registered
233 Posts
Ill let you know next time I head up. I don't do anything crazy mainly greens/blues.
2k2wragnlerx has a great deal. If it's your first time you'll definitely want to explore and not be on a time crunch. For my first time I went with a buddy who went regularly and I wouldn't have it any other way.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Case in point why I can't get away from work till August - why it's taken me so long to respond to this thread. (My poor lonely Moab - not even 4K on it yet!) Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions. Can't wait to get up there, hopefully an overnight trip.

Is it safe to take a little dog up there? Are the bumps so bad that she'd get thrown around? Thinking I might take her soft-sided airline carrier and strap it into a seat :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.