JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just picked up my first Jeep, a new '13 Wrangler Sport S 2 door. I love it. Though I can't pinpoint a rattle sound I hear from the back. It only happens when the rear seats are in the normal, down position. When I stow them forward, I hear nothing.

Any ideas? I thought it was the spare tire rack before I stowed the seat. So that option is out.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Guys,

I just picked up my first Jeep, a new '13 Wrangler Sport S 2 door. I love it. Though I can't pinpoint a rattle sound I hear from the back. It only happens when the rear seats are in the normal, down position. When I stow them forward, I hear nothing.

Any ideas? I thought it was the spare tire rack before I stowed the seat. So that option is out.
Probably just the seat bouncing off of the latch. Try a couple wraps of electrical tape on the latches to see if that helps.

And then look forward to your next rattle.... I am on my second JK and both have had lots of little rattles here and there (both were purchased new)....

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense now. Just noticed how the seat latches onto the floor. Thanks for the input. I don't expect this thing to be that refined, but wanted to isolate anything potentially wrong with the tailgate glass, hardtop, etc.

Overall I'm impressed, 400 miles of highway commuting so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.