JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m gonna Raptor the complete exterior, hardtop and fender flares.
1) What I want to know is what you painted and wish you didn’t? 2) What you didn’t paint and wish you did.
I know not to paint the fender where the flares sit because the clips wonts won’t fasten. 3) What about the taillights? Remove or tape around? 4) Tie downs and bumpers on the hood? 5) Oh, and what about the door jams? I’d like to Raptor those for a consistent look when the doors are off. 6) Where do I stop in the doors? At the edge or inside the door edge to the seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
Don't do it.

You will be entering into a marriage with a VERY expensive divorce.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do it.

You will be entering into a marriage with a VERY expensive divorce.
Okay, why not? Explain.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The shit doesn't bond that well, without really a good profile. You won't give it a good profile because you don't know how or why. When it chips, or peels, you have to redo it.
You won't get it to match

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. I know several in the local Jeep club that have done it and years later no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i w
So, I’m gonna Raptor the complete exterior, hardtop and fender flares.
1) What I want to know is what you painted and wish you didn’t? 2) What you didn’t paint and wish you did.
I know not to paint the fender where the flares sit because the clips wonts won’t fasten. 3) What about the taillights? Remove or tape around? 4) Tie downs and bumpers on the hood? 5) Oh, and what about the door jams? I’d like to Raptor those for a consistent look when the doors are off. 6) Where do I stop in the doors? At the edge or inside the door edge to the seal?

I wish I bought the right spraying equipment as it could have made my job easier. My advice to you about the taillights is to remove it entirely. This will enable you have a cleaner look and you will be more efficient with it out of the way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts