JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
And my rattle snake

See, snakes are dumb

Typically you don't put any snakes in the tank with a kingsnake because kingsnakes eat all kinds of snakes but mine are a male and female of the same age, size, and type. Plus I think they like each other.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
my daughter and I sat and watched a kingsnake stalk and eat a 1ft long copperhead. The king was probably 4.5' long or so and the copperhead froze once the king got to him. Came up from behind, figured out that wasn't the best way, pulled down and went for the head.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I can almost smell them stinky ass snakes from here. God I hate snakes ! WTF would anybody pay money for one of those nasty fawking creatures ? And keep those smelly azz things in your house ?

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I can almost smell them stinky ass snakes from here. God I hate snakes ! WTF would anybody pay money for one of those nasty fawking creatures ? And keep those smelly azz things in your house ?
umm sorry my ophidiophobic friend, snakes don't smell unless you let the poop pile up.
no sweat glands, no pizzing to mark territory, no fur to hold the smell
save the stink comments for the mammals.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
umm sorry my ophidiophobic friend, snakes don't smell unless you let the poop pile up.
no sweat glands, no pizzing to mark territory, no fur to hold the smell
save the stink comments for the mammals.
umm sorry my herpetological friend, but cottonmouths do, indeed, smell

in fact they stink when they are trying to warn you :D

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
yeah yeah, musk is an exception :thefinger:

burns in your eyes too

on the other hand, a lot of african cobras smell just like maple syrup when they crap for some reason, especially spitters
When I have to deal with too many of them in the morning, it usually leads to Cracker Barrel for lunch...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
umm sorry my herpetological friend, but cottonmouths do, indeed, smell

in fact they stink when they are trying to warn you :D
Oh yeah, I remember lowering my snake down to say hi to a kitty and the snake opened his vent really wide and a horrible smell came out. I had never seen that before. Other than that mine don't smell.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
my daughter and I sat and watched a kingsnake stalk and eat a 1ft long copperhead. The king was probably 4.5' long or so and the copperhead froze once the king got to him. Came up from behind, figured out that wasn't the best way, pulled down and went for the head.
That's why I caught the rattle snake, to feed to my kingsnake but neither of them wanted anything to do with it. In fact they were majorly pissed that I put a rattle snake in the tank with them. I guess it's too big.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Ugggghhhhh....ALL snakes stink....horrible creatures,,,,whether they smell or not, they remind me of rabid wharf rats without legs.....:puke::puke::puke:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Besides the smell of death, nothing smells as horrible as when a cute little kitty cat opens up the hatch-back and spews it's territory with gland glue. :puke:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
nah, venom production takes a gazilion bucks in up front costs to get into
total laboratory conditions because the venom has to be completely uncontaminated and freeze dried within minutes of extraction.

One of my best friends is in charge of the venom production lab for Texas Tech in Kingsville, TX and he milk them in their lab and gets sent all over the globe for acquisition - the lucky SOB!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sadly, my little scarlet kingsnake that I had talked to you about died. I don't really know why either. She was fine till I put her in my shirt pocket and went shopping and by the end of the 3 hour trip she was going limp and looking lifeless. I tried everything I could to help her but she passed. I'm still sad about that, she was so beautiful.:(

Edit: I always take my snakes out and have never had any probs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.