JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
do you have to actually pull a pin like a trailer hitch to open it, or am I seeing it wrong?
Also looks like it hangs the tire out pretty far to get snagged on stuff since the hinge is behind the bumper instead of on top, but it might be the picture.
I REALLY like the sliders tho!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anyone running this bumper? I saw it this weekend at jeepfest in orlando and I decided it's the bumper I want. Just wanted to see if anyone has it on their rig already.

Looks good, definitely looks like you would need to relocate the license plate though, looks wierd hanging out there. Not to mention dragging issues on inclines or coming over rocks, but I guess they needed the room for the hi lift mount (and I think there is a Jerry can holder too on it in front of the spare)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered it, will be here on Tuesday. As soon as I get it installed I will post up some pictures to help you make your decision. There are definitly some compromises with it but I think overall it is a good choice for the price.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think we discussed this bumper on another thread, what I don't like is no recovery points. I would like the ability to pull one corner down if needed.

Other than that it certainly is of a minimalist design. That I like.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Looks good, definitely looks like you would need to relocate the license plate though, looks wierd hanging out there. Not to mention dragging issues on inclines or coming over rocks, but I guess they needed the room for the hi lift mount (and I think there is a Jerry can holder too on it in front of the spare)
Pretty sure the license plate is only an issue with a five foot jack. I hope that tire carrier is stout. It doesn't look like the tire rest against the rubber bumpers on the gate. I think it's going to flex more than others. I'm wondering how much it will rattle with all the weight. I like the concept, making room for a jack. But at the expense of recovery points and vulnerable to hits, I don't know. Maybe it's one bad a$$ design and will hold up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts