JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went through a puddle about 25 mph and maybe 6 in deep. The rubicon stalled out and would not start after checking the spark plugs wires and coil an all were dry and drying out all the electrical connections still wouldn't start after an hour of sitting. Finally we looked under the jeep by the fuel yank the plastic gas line had been forced up over the gas tank and crimped itself not allowing any gas to the engine. As soon as we pulled it down and uncrimped the hose it started right up. Has anyone had this problem with the plastic gas line and should I get it checked out by the dealer? Oh yeah I have 2000 miles on my 2011 rubicon unlimited. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
So I went through a puddle about 25 mph and maybe 6 in deep. The rubicon stalled out and would not start after checking the spark plugs wires and coil an all were dry and drying out all the electrical connections still wouldn't start after an hour of sitting. Finally we looked under the jeep by the fuel yank the plastic gas line had been forced up over the gas tank and crimped itself not allowing any gas to the engine. As soon as we pulled it down and uncrimped the hose it started right up. Has anyone had this problem with the plastic gas line and should I get it checked out by the dealer? Oh yeah I have 2000 miles on my 2011 rubicon unlimited. Any advise would be appreciated.
Had the exact same scenario happen to my Jeep. Right down to being on a local road - hitting the same puddle that forms everytime it rains.

Dealer refused to repair under warranty, citing "offroad abuse". That will be the last time I ever set foot in their building.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would most definitely take it back. Was it just a puddle on the road, or were you offroading? I guess it doesn't matter, either way it shouldn't have happened. Just tell them you were driving, hit a puddle, and then nothing, explaining what you did find the cause to be. Don''t take no for an answer, either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roadside puddle no offroad same puddle that forms in my neighborhood everytime it rains. Thanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Why even mention the puddle? If your gas line crimped all you need to say is it stalled out and you noticed the gas line. Nuff said.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Why even mention the puddle? If your gas line crimped all you need to say is it stalled out and you noticed the gas line. Nuff said.
Agreed.

But if you tell them that you were throwing puddles, that might impress them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe this story minus the 6 inches :thefinger:
Neuwirth is a good place, they'll do something about it.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

[rant on]
I hate the stealership
[/rant off]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts