JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, 27 of em. . . and for the moonlighters yes this is a repost. Give me a break, my life IS that boring. Its kinda like the movie Groundhogs Day. . . except I dont get laid, I just fix radios. . . . . I digress. . . .

I got a chance to ride in a CASSPIR (credit to paragon for correct spelling) and de-mine an area of Afghanistan that was an ASP (Ammo Supply Point) for the Russians when they were invading. And these trucks do it the easiest way there is, by just rolling over them. They've even hit a triple stacked anti-tank mine and all it did was blow the "tire" about 20 feet away. So when someone like me, who fixes motorola radios gets a chance to roll over some mines, well, I was stoked!! :bounce:

Ive got video too, Ill link to youtube once I upload it, but the "Haji-Net" here makes dial up seem like. . . . well. . . . . something faster than what Ive got. Anyway, here are some pix... Dont ask what kind of axels are in them, I asked too and the guy didnt know :D

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Holy crap...this is probably one of the coolest posts I've seen on a Jeep board. Nothing like blowing stuff up by driving over it in your spare time!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I lie and say yes? Well no I didnt get to drive :( BUT I did get shotgun out of like 12 people =D And its a Right Side Drive so I was on the side Id normaly drive on if that counts.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was pretty cool. Most of the mines werent strong enough to lift that heavy effer, so the wheel that struck the mine would sink into the hole blown under it. But you never knew when you were going to hit one, even the guys that have been doing this for years jump a little bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have loved to have had one of those trucks in Baghdad last December. I hit an IED with a hummer and it didnt turn out so well. Nobody in the truck hurt badly, but I was dragged home on 3 flat tires and we had to say goodbye to that truck.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
those are cool as hell :D I always like how they were "modular" so when an axle is blown off they just put a new one on and its good to go

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sweet! I imagine that would startle you a bit even if you had been doing it a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts