JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's official !! The 3rd annual "Go Topless" day will once again be held at Locked & Loaded Bar & Grill on Hwy 70 in Garner, NC on May 19, 2012.

WHO: All Jeep owners, enthusiasts, friends and family. The more the merrier!

WHAT: 3rd Annual "Go Top-less Day"

WHEN: Saturday, May 19th

WHERE: (ok . . there has been a change to the venue . . please Note!)
We will begin by meeting at 4WheelParts on Glenwood Ave, in Raleigh around 10am. During this first part of the day, you can shop in the showroom, climb on the rock pile out back, speak with the Technicians, AND WIN A WINCH donated by 4WheelParts!!! (yes you need to be present to win).

At noon, we will convoy over to Locked & Loaded Bar and Grill on Hwy. 70 in Garner, NC.

This years sponsors are:
Locked and Loaded : Providing great food and drink specials and Live music provided by Modena from 2-5pm.

4WheelParts: Will also be represented at L&L and giving away more prizes!

East Coast Gear Supply: Again have come through this year and will be giving away some great prizes!!!

Northidge4x4: Has graciously donated two Roto-pax First Aid Kits, T-shirts, hats, to be given away!

CNC4x4: Will be providing their RTI ramp and will also be holding a 50/50 Raffle.

Jagrmeister: Has again provided tons of SWAG!

RedBull: Will be on sight providing drinks, SWAG and hopefully some eyecandy!

WHY: It's a JEEP Thing!

Hope to see you all there! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's official !! The 3rd annual "Go Topless" day will once again be held at Locked & Loaded Bar & Grill on Hwy 70 in Garner, NC on May 19, 2012.

Make sure you keep this date open on your calendars!
I do not have all the information as this is only in the early planning stage however, what I can tell you is I have received a lot of interest and hope to make this the largest event yet!
If anyone is interested in helping me with the planning and organization please let me know. (The largest help would be for everyone to help spread the word to fellow Jeep owners to boost attendance)

Hope to see you all there! :beer::beer::beer:
as always I'm in:gluging: gonna throw it on wrangler forum as well... once there we could easily see attendance double from last year.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I will be there. I'll commit to bringing at least three JKs with me and can probably help with setup, etc. I'll have available time then. PM me to coordinate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as always I'm in:gluging: gonna throw it on wrangler forum as well... once there we could easily see attendance double from last year.
Thanks brother . . . I will post this on the other JK forum as well. I have never been to the wrangler forum. I have been busy trying to email sponsors unfortunately at work and having to do this via my iPhone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw in the other thread someone mentioned a potential "poker run". What exactly is a poker run? Never done one.
I did mention a poker run but that will NOT happen during this event. I will probably do that in July. During a poker run each participant paid a entry fee to play and we started at L&L where you draw a card then we all convoyed to the next location for a refreshment :gluging: where everyone drew a 2nd card. The next stop was at 4WP where they raffled off a bunch of prizes and we got our 3rd card. I had a fourth stop (photo op) scheduled but everyone was getting hungry and we headed back to L&L and drew our 4/5th cards. The best 5 card poker hand won half the $ taken in and the worst hand took home the other half. It was a AWESOME time!!!! The following day a group of us convoyed down to URE and wheeled all day. I called it dust fest 2010! Holy shit I will never wheel topless again! Took a month to clean it.

The reason I will not do that during Top-less Day is because our host pays big $ for the live band so obviously we need to stay and enjoy the day at their establishment.

But please be patient, we all can discuss the scheduling of a poker run at "Go Topless Day"!

Btw. . . Did you make it out last year NC Fizzle? I'm sorry if I don't remember you but I was suffering from major sleep deprivation and too many :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can count me in. I am looking forward to this. Maybe a 50/50 drawing, but JOHN is not allowed to participate....:thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like one of our Outstanding sponsors, 4Wheelparts, may give away a winch this year!:thankyou: That will all depend on the turn out obviously! So, if you have not replied already please do so if you plan on attending! That will also help keep the thread at the top!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Looks like one of our Outstanding sponsors, 4Wheelparts, may give away a winch this year!:thankyou: That will all depend on the turn out obviously! So, if you have not replied already please do so if you plan on attending! That will also help keep the thread at the top!
Greg is awesome! That particular 4 Wheel Parts rocks! I'll be there with 3 JKs. Confirmed.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I saw in the other thread someone mentioned a potential "poker run". What exactly is a poker run? Never done one.
You can count me in. I am looking forward to this. Maybe a 50/50 drawing, but JOHN is not allowed to participate....:thefinger::thefinger:
I will be there. I'll commit to bringing at least three JKs with me and can probably help with setup, etc. I'll have available time then. PM me to coordinate.
Will, a poker run is a drawn out way for me to get cash from all those in attendance.

Thomas, :thefinger:

And who invited the accountant, I'm not reporting any JKO winnings:gluging:

See you guys there.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I did mention a poker run but that will NOT happen during this event. I will probably do that in July. During a poker run each participant paid a entry fee to play and we started at L&L where you draw a card then we all convoyed to the next location for a refreshment :gluging: where everyone drew a 2nd card. The next stop was at 4WP where they raffled off a bunch of prizes and we got our 3rd card. I had a fourth stop (photo op) scheduled but everyone was getting hungry and we headed back to L&L and drew our 4/5th cards. The best 5 card poker hand won half the $ taken in and the worst hand took home the other half. It was a AWESOME time!!!! The following day a group of us convoyed down to URE and wheeled all day. I called it dust fest 2010! Holy shit I will never wheel topless again! Took a month to clean it.

The reason I will not do that during Top-less Day is because our host pays big $ for the live band so obviously we need to stay and enjoy the day at their establishment.

But please be patient, we all can discuss the scheduling of a poker run at "Go Topless Day"!

Btw. . . Did you make it out last year NC Fizzle? I'm sorry if I don't remember you but I was suffering from major sleep deprivation and too many :beer::beer::beer:
Was planning on making it last year but didn't...can't remember why off the top but I'll be there this year 100%.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTTT . . Hey guys! I'm still working out a lot of details on this years event. What I can tell you so far is that one of our local sponsors (4WheelParts) is really stepping up and has offered to give away a winch this year. I'm working on other sponsors as well. Unfortunately Brad Benson is unable to make it this year due to scheduling however, I'm working on booking another great local band.

Many on the other forums have asked about a trail ride and my suggestion is we go the following day to Uwharrie. Let me know what you all think over here!

This years event is going to kick ass!:)

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
I'm posting this on JK-F if it's not already there.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
And it is so I deleted my post on JK-F. It was on page 2 of the East Coast section so I bumped to page uno.
I'm posting this on JK-F if it's not already there.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
As this approaches it sounds like it will be another great event! I look forward to my share of the 50/50:shitstorm: and to another feast of the L and L wings:gluging:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.