JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a JK rear axle in a TJ and doing a triangulated 4-link with lower control arm brackets raised to the axle tube height. Everything seemed fine about this until I noticed that the e-brake on the JK axles pulls in towards the center of the diff instead of forward like the TJ rear discs.

The tabs for the e-brake are right where I wanted to mount my lower control arm mounts.

Have any of you done a custom suspension on your JK that raised the lower control arm mounts up or maybe you did some sort of modification to the e-brake brackets that you could post a photo of?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Forget about the ebrake. you can get a line lock, either manual or electric. It is installed in line and when activated keeps the fluid pressure either on the front or rear depending on where you have it installed. Check summit racing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Line locks are good for front digs and burn outs, but they don't function the same as a mechanical e-brake. You shouldn't rely on a line lock to hold your vehicle still for long periods of time like you can with a mechanical e-brake.

Line locks are stronger though, and if I go with a line lock it will be in addition to the mechanical e-brake.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I cant tell you for sure, but I would think that the TJ and JK axles have te same flanges. If so, just put the backing plates and the rest of the TJ disk brake assembly on the JK D44.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant tell you for sure, but I would think that the TJ and JK axles have te same flanges. If so, just put the backing plates and the rest of the TJ disk brake assembly on the JK D44.
Nah, the JK rear brakes are a bit larger and have a different flange. Wouldn't consider putting the TJ brakes back on, part of my reasoning in getting the JK's was for the larger brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts