JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at RE's JK suspension and noticed that they are using a radius arm configuration in the rear. Effectively creating a three link setup.

So what are the pros and cons of this setup? I know you still have the limiting factor a rear trakbar effecting droop, and you are still going to have rear steer. But never seen this done before.

Thoughts?

· Premium Member
297 Posts
My personal experience was ok at best. Yes it can be called a 3 link, but wth this design there is binding when flexed and I would say nearly 100% that you will blow bushings. I had the RE 4.5" LA and at first I thought it flexed well until I started seeing other Jeeps on the trails and rocks. Personally I would not buy this lift. About the only pro I can think of right now from my experience was a good ride on the road, until the bushings blew and eggshaped the arms, then ride went to complete crap, so bad it has rattled other parts loose.

But my opinion is swayed since I had bushing problems and the joints eggshaped because of the blown bushings meaning I have to replace all the arms now. Since RE closure and buy out, they were at least to me, very very difficult to deal with. Parts can no longer be purchased direct from them and I was given 3 separate answers on how they would "fix" my WARRANTY problem. They even wanted me to pay upfront for all new arms for a warranty issue and then they MIGHT consider the arms under warranty and MIGHT refund my money. HA I think not!!

Soooo, my install of Rock Krawler starts today. There are many other better lifts out there that will give you same or better flex and ride. If you are completely set on buying RE products, I would give more time for them to get their business in order. But RE has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will NEVER do business with them again. But I did just eat a half pound of bacon, so that does help with the taste

You not only should consider the lift type, but also the company as a whole

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, RE isn't on my list of lift options. I was one of many people that had the first gen dogbone shaped bushings and zero support. This was on my old TJ... They also sent me the wrong rear springs, and when I mentioned that I netted way to much hight in the rear, they said to let them settle. They never did, and after waiting an decent time, they wouldn't warrenty the springs out. Road like hell...

The only thing I liked about their lift, was their arms survived everything I tossed at them and never bent. So I am firm believer in 4130 Chromoloy...

But yeah, I noticed that was what they are selling for long arm set up and wondering how that held up in the rear world. Having TnT's Dual Triangulated LA kit, I was very happy with the flex and trail manners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.