JKOwners Forum banner

Radio is silent

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JKommuter 
#1 ·
AM/FM I get no noise from the speakers, no matter what channel.

Bluetooth works just as it should. I tried restarting and turning off the radio and jeep and nothing helped.

Anyone know what could cause this? It's a completely stock system. 130N I believe is the head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I am getting the exact same thing. No noise at all from radio stations, but CD player works just fine and so does AUX input. I am assuming some sort of short in the head unit itself. Probably the only fix is to swap out the head unit. Anyone else run into this or have a different solution??

#6 ·
I bought two off eBay. Initially the 130n when my original one died and I paid about $100 for it.

I recently bought a 430 for $175 mainly for the screen. Looking to slowly add forward/reverse cameras. I believe navigation versions are double/triple that cost. Swap out was very simple and took about 15-20 minutes.

I personally hate the look of aftermarket head units, which is why I went the way I did.

#7 ·
I'm not a fan of the aftermarket looks either. I don't like all the back lights and everything. The thing is an aftermarket one can be had for 150ish. I just don't know how good it is cause I have limited experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Sorry to hijack... BUT... does everyone who has purchased an aftermarket head unit have the Maestro iDatalink wiring harness hooked up to maintain steering wheel controls? When I went to Best Buy on Friday, the teenager I chatted with in car audio claimed I just needed a cheap, generic wiring harness and not the Maestro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.