JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my 08 jku about two years ago and the dealer installed a new battery when i bought it. the clock on the radio(non uconnect) will go two to three minutes slow . i set it and it goes slow again WTF ! has any body else seen this ? ive been thinking of upgrading the battery anyways , wut kind of battery set up do you guys recommend? dual Odyssey or dual optima ?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
How long does it take to be 2 to 3 minutes slow? Is it all at once? Or over some length of time?

I don't see how it's the battery. Lots of other strange things would happen if the battery was at fault.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. It will take it a few weeks and be a little behind again. It has become a ritual like changing oil or rotating tires.....update the clock

Funny thing is that the clock in my wife's car actually speeds up

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have seen weak a battery cause odd faults . every once in a while it wont want to crank over , ill have to hit the key a few times and take the trans from park to 1st and it will turn over an light off. the clock will go slow over a few week period . i was mostly curious to see if it was a common JK problem .

·
Registered
749 Posts
My 07 looses at least 3 min. a month , didn't know there was a TSB but like others have said I wouldn't trust the Monkeys at the Dealership to fix the real issue without screwing up the task or destroying something else .

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would like to know if anyone with an aftermarket deck is having this issue or if it's just the stock radio.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Most likely just the stock radio. After market radios are so much better than any of the factory radios. The sound improvement is not subtle.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
the clock will go slow over a few week period . i was mostly curious to see if it was a common JK problem .
Mine was a few minutes slow over a couple week period. Then the JK went in for some warranty work and in the process they did some computer updates. The clock has been much better since, gaining a minute a month.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TSB

So
can some one educate me on the TSB's . in my mind its something the stealership should take care of but i know reality is different . before i got to the dealership and ask about this can this be done with a higher end scanner? and on another note im 3 minutes slow as of this morning .

·
Registered
17 Posts
tsb

Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure

So what does the Dealer need to do to fix this...What needs to be ripped apart?? SKREEM....What exactly is this. Mine has lost time since new in 2012...

·
Banned
702 Posts
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure

So what does the Dealer need to do to fix this...What needs to be ripped apart?? SKREEM....What exactly is this. Mine has lost time since new in 2012...
If you have this done, bring all of your keys for the Jeep. Otherwise your spare key will no longer work.

And your post contains your answer "Vehicle Theft Security/MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer". In other words, they replace the the security module.

Also, be prepared to laugh at the dealership once they tell you the cost to have this performed. Since this is not a recall, they will want to charge you for the complete service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Both my wife's Liberty ('11) and my wrangler ('12) have this problem. We generally like the uconnect radios and their features, the sound is fine, I'll just reset the time every month or so, no big deal, certainly not worth a trip to the dealer !

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for shits and grinns i call my local dealership to ask "how much to do the service bulletin to get the clock to keep time ? $129 ............ never mind . i guess its not that bad ........ its defenetly not 129 dollars bad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts